News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
hmm.. interesting. Does Disney do any "all inclusive" stays anywhere else currently? Are the cruises? It looks from the surveys (which floated a price point of 1000 per person for two nights), that that might be the concept.

A cruise ship is the best analogy. It's a hotel on water. The food and ship activities are usually included (they do have upcharge fancy restaurants and experiences, like lessons from a pro golfer). They may have an off-ship excursion for free (when they stop at their private island). The big charges are liquor and off-shore excursions (paragliding, tours, zip-lining, scuba diving) that are a la carte.

I imagine SWResort to a be a three-day two-night cruise with shore excursions to SW:GE. Probably the only thing not included would be alcohol (and most cruise ships offer a package for open bar).

21stamps

No one said it was. Stop arguing against things that weren't said.

I don't know what people are saying anymore honestly..

I said there will be a pool and gym..
Responses sounded something like this-

"NO!!! It's fully immersive.. don't you understand 360?!?!"

"Ok, maybe there will be a pool and gym."

I think we're all excited.. I definitely don't think there's a reason for any nastiness at all in this thread. People can think what they want right now.. but immersive, yet some time for yourself/own family (without being stuck in your room) will most likely exist.. imo.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney could make a mid-sized resort with this elite 24/7 experience to cater to hardcore fans and sell out. They can also accept all the other fans that dont want to spend their vacation in windowless boot camp AND they don't have to pay CMs to facilitate their activities. I'm guessing they'll go with the easy money on the table.

Exactly. That's what this has been announced as. The hard-core alternative. You could always write to Disney and let them know you'd like a SW-themed resort without the interactive events.

odmichael

A cruise ship is the best analogy. It's a hotel on water. The food and ship activities are usually included (they do have upcharge fancy restaurants and experiences, like lessons from a pro golfer). They may have an off-ship excursion for free (when they stop at their private island). The big charges are liquor and off-shore excursions (paragliding, tours, zip-lining, scuba diving) that are a la carte.

I imagine SWResort to a be a three-day two-night cruise with shore excursions to SW:GE. Probably the only thing not included would be alcohol (and most cruise ships offer a package for open bar).
Currently picturing a bunch of drunk tourists in space suits

Maeryk

I'm asking for something? I must have missed that.
I want them to tear down something? No, don't think I said that.

A ride inside a theme park you've paid entry to has little comparison to living in a resort, so I'm going to continue to disregard whatever point you were trying to make there.

Disney could make a mid-sized resort with this elite 24/7 experience to cater to hardcore fans and sell out. They can also accept all the other fans that dont want to spend their vacation in windowless boot camp AND they don't have to pay CMs to facilitate their activities. I'm guessing they'll go with the easy money on the table.

If they do that, I'm thinking they are going to just do a SW themed resort hotel. No immersion. Just theming like the Poly or Beach Club have. Then the people who want a room that looks vaguely spaceish, and a door and window that open onto the outside can have one.

But I don't believe they are going to make the rooms in this particular resort fall below thematic standards because someone might want to open a window. I might be wrong.. but since the entire thing is sold as 100% immersive, and a rather HUGE break in that immersion is having a door open and sunlight come blasting in from the sidewalk, I'm doubting it's an option.

The_Jobu

If they do that, I'm thinking they are going to just do a SW themed resort hotel. No immersion. Just theming like the Poly or Beach Club have. Then the people who want a room that looks vaguely spaceish, and a door and window that open onto the outside can have one.

But I don't believe they are going to make the rooms in this particular resort fall below thematic standards because someone might want to open a window. I might be wrong.. but since the entire thing is sold as 100% immersive, and a rather HUGE break in that immersion is having a door open and sunlight come blasting in from the sidewalk, I'm doubting it's an option.

You're not wrong, I'm not right, I just think they can easily have both and roll around in their Scrooge McDuck sized vault later.

rsm

At some point there is going to have to be suspension of disbelief.
And wherever Disney choses to draw that line will have some people upset that their eyeballs weren't sucked out of their sockets when they walked out the back door, and other people upset and uncomfortable that the front desk asked them what planet they came from.

You can't please everyone. And with such high demand, they really don't need to try, as many people have pointed out. Seems safe to say we simply don't have enough information yet to claim to understand where they are drawing the line between "immersive experience" and "interior decorating".

21stamps

Here's the most important question- can I order an adult beverage any time that I want?

As long as they don't schedule liquor times then I'm cool.. ;)

CaptainAmerica

Cruise ships still let you do what you want at your own pace. Opt in/ opt out. Sunrise/ sunset. If you really think Disney is going to build this resort and turn away all the people willing to pay huge amounts of money to stay there, that's your opinion. You're entitled to it, I just don't see it.
You're underestimating the demand for this. Tremendously. Disney won't need to "turn people away" because they'll have absolutely zero difficulty filling beds with people who DO want the immersive experience.

The_Jobu

Here's the most important question- can I order an adult beverage any time that I want?

As long as they don't schedule liquor times then I'm cool.. ;)

Heh, I'd be very shocked if they turned away your booze money. Blue milk cocktails for everyone!

Well, everyone over the galactic drinking age.

21stamps

Wow you guys really aren't getting it. This isn't a product designed for kids. Yes, kids will be welcome, but they're not the target. This is for the convention crowd.

Sorry bud, if you don't think there will be a heavy population of families then you're in serious trouble. Every upper middle class parent with a school aged Star Wars fan is going to be looking for a reservation here.

The_Jobu

You're underestimating the demand for this. Tremendously. Disney won't need to "turn people away" because they'll have absolutely zero difficulty filling beds with people who DO want the immersive experience.

I dont think they'll have any difficulties either. They can make it as big as they want and sell out every room easily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom