Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Closing Sept. 28th

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Awkward Star Trek GIF

Cousin Huet

This was an obvious conclusion. Once the set-up, larping, and price were revealed I immediately said this would be short lived. It’ll be turned into some kind of luxury resort minus all the nonsense I’m guessing and cheaper.

The real solution is make it a hotel, give the hotel special exclusive access and guaranteed droid and saber opportunities and keep it moving.

FettFan

I asked ChatGPT to write a movie plot based on the Galactic Starcruiser's closure.

Here's what it gave me:

Title: "Farewell to the Galactic Starcruiser"

Plot Summary:

"Farewell to the Galactic Starcruiser" is a quirky comedy that follows the zany escapades that unfold during the closure of Disney's Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser hotel. With $5,000 alcoholic beverages, lightsaber training mishaps, wild jumps to lightspeed, encounters with Kylo Ren, overly dedicated method-acting cast members, hilarious line dances, alien singers, and a hunt for the elusive blue shrimp, chaos and laughter ensue.

As the news of the hotel's closure spreads, a group of misfit guests, each with their own eccentricities, check in for one last immersive Star Wars experience. Among them is a nerdy sci-fi enthusiast named Gary, who has been dreaming of wielding a lightsaber and mastering the ways of the Force. Little does he know the comedic mishaps that await him.

Gary's dream of lightsaber training quickly turns into a series of comical accidents as he unwittingly disrupts the class and sends the instructors, including a bumbling Jedi Master, into chaotic and hilarious situations. Meanwhile, a renegade Kylo Ren impersonator, determined to make his mark before the hotel's closure, wreaks havoc and keeps guests on their toes.

In an attempt to distract from the hotel's unfortunate fate, the overly dedicated method-acting cast members immerse themselves entirely in their Star Wars roles. The result is a comical blend of confused identities, exaggerated accents, and unexpected encounters that blur the line between fiction and reality.

To lift spirits, the lively hotel staff organizes energetic line dances, encouraging both guests and cast members to join in the spontaneous choreography. The mishmash of Star Wars-themed line dances becomes a hilarious spectacle, transforming the hotel's atrium into a laughter-filled dance floor.

Adding to the comedic chaos, an alien singer with a captivating voice becomes an unexpected hit among the guests. Zorka, the quirky alien diva, mesmerizes the crowd with her otherworldly performances, leaving everyone in awe and sparking unlikely friendships.

Meanwhile, rumors circulate among the guests about the legendary blue shrimp hidden somewhere within the hotel's vast Star Wars-inspired environment. A whimsical scavenger hunt ensues, as guests and cast members embark on a hilarious quest to find the elusive blue shrimp, navigating through secret passages, interactive exhibits, and comedic misunderstandings along the way.

"Farewell to the Galactic Starcruiser" is a lighthearted comedy that celebrates the joy of embracing the unexpected and finding laughter in the face of closure. With its playful characters, uproarious situations, and nods to the Star Wars universe, the film reminds us that even in the midst of endings, the power of friendship, laughter, and a shared love for adventure can make every moment unforgettable.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I asked ChatGPT to write a movie plot based on the Galactic Starcruiser's closure.

Here's what it gave me:

Title: "Farewell to the Galactic Starcruiser"

Plot Summary:

"Farewell to the Galactic Starcruiser" is a quirky comedy that follows the zany escapades that unfold during the closure of Disney's Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser hotel. With $5,000 alcoholic beverages, lightsaber training mishaps, wild jumps to lightspeed, encounters with Kylo Ren, overly dedicated method-acting cast members, hilarious line dances, alien singers, and a hunt for the elusive blue shrimp, chaos and laughter ensue.

As the news of the hotel's closure spreads, a group of misfit guests, each with their own eccentricities, check in for one last immersive Star Wars experience. Among them is a nerdy sci-fi enthusiast named Gary, who has been dreaming of wielding a lightsaber and mastering the ways of the Force. Little does he know the comedic mishaps that await him.

Gary's dream of lightsaber training quickly turns into a series of comical accidents as he unwittingly disrupts the class and sends the instructors, including a bumbling Jedi Master, into chaotic and hilarious situations. Meanwhile, a renegade Kylo Ren impersonator, determined to make his mark before the hotel's closure, wreaks havoc and keeps guests on their toes.

In an attempt to distract from the hotel's unfortunate fate, the overly dedicated method-acting cast members immerse themselves entirely in their Star Wars roles. The result is a comical blend of confused identities, exaggerated accents, and unexpected encounters that blur the line between fiction and reality.

To lift spirits, the lively hotel staff organizes energetic line dances, encouraging both guests and cast members to join in the spontaneous choreography. The mishmash of Star Wars-themed line dances becomes a hilarious spectacle, transforming the hotel's atrium into a laughter-filled dance floor.

Adding to the comedic chaos, an alien singer with a captivating voice becomes an unexpected hit among the guests. Zorka, the quirky alien diva, mesmerizes the crowd with her otherworldly performances, leaving everyone in awe and sparking unlikely friendships.

Meanwhile, rumors circulate among the guests about the legendary blue shrimp hidden somewhere within the hotel's vast Star Wars-inspired environment. A whimsical scavenger hunt ensues, as guests and cast members embark on a hilarious quest to find the elusive blue shrimp, navigating through secret passages, interactive exhibits, and comedic misunderstandings along the way.

"Farewell to the Galactic Starcruiser" is a lighthearted comedy that celebrates the joy of embracing the unexpected and finding laughter in the face of closure. With its playful characters, uproarious situations, and nods to the Star Wars universe, the film reminds us that even in the midst of endings, the power of friendship, laughter, and a shared love for adventure can make every moment unforgettable.
Shame on the chatbot for not ending this with exeunt omnes.

TomboyJanet

Why don't they use this existing space to create a past attractions museum for nostalgia? Hear me out... Install a rainbow tunnel, some Great Movie Ride Scenes to walk through, Old Mr Toad cars to take pics in are already in Disney Springs they know it sells.... Why not create this place to showcase old splash mountain bits push button animatronic sequences etc much like the touring exhibit for the Disney 100th but all the time. They can call it yesterland and it would solve the loss of nostalgia problem and the need to make new stuff problem at the same time......this idea is soo good that it has ABSOLUTELY no CHANCE OF HAPPENING!

tomast

I think that in the short term Disney should turn the Star Wars hotel into a signature dining experience, You can get there by riding the space shuttle that departs from Batuu. When you arrive at the Halcyon, the captain will receive your party and take you on a little tour of the ship before heading to a show meal. After that, you'll go back to Batuu on the space shuttle, and you can keep exploring Batuu.

I know many many people would love to visit the Halcyon but are not willing to pay the cost of staying there.

Of course on the long term they need to find what can be made with the rooms.

lewisc

Tax considerations with respect to the write off may be a factor.

One night package including dinner show, optional extra cost activity and some kind of breakfast the next morning. Maybe grab and go.

Aim for a discounted price of $999 per couple. AP, DVC etc for discount eligibility

DE_DISNEY

How long do think they have to keep it closed to avoid having to adjust the write off?

I like the idea of a one night package with the dinner show.

wutisgood

I think this was ultimately a victim of Disney bubble price tiering. Disney world has some guests that will pay 1k per night for a hotel therefore star cruiser HAS to be more expensive than the most expensive hotels at least for an average room. Could it have been profitable enough to run at half the cost and still be one of the most expensive places to stay on disney property? Probably assuming those prices would fill capacity which I believe it would have. But disney can't have any hotel outside of what they set the tiers at, even if two different groups are interested in vastly different experiences at that tier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom