'Star Wars Galactic Nights' special event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

cj71

Any more info on this? Rogue One tickets go on sale tomorrow, so I need to know if they will have this event or not before I lock into any other show time so that we can see it while there.

DisneyDefenders

They will not.
Seems so silly that they wouldn't at least plan to have a showing of the Galactic Spectacular fireworks for the premier night of Rogue One. I know they have Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam scheduled, but nothing has ever stopped Magic Kingdom from having two fireworks shows on special nights.

Bolt

Seems so silly that they wouldn't at least plan to have a showing of the Galactic Spectacular fireworks for the premier night of Rogue One. I know they have Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam scheduled, but nothing has ever stopped Magic Kingdom from having two fireworks shows on special nights.
I think the movie will sell tickets fine without them having to add it in for the day and some would argue they will be at the theaters until 10pm and most probably wouldn't rush over for only that.

DisneyDefenders

I think the movie will sell tickets fine without them having to add it in for the day and some would argue they will be at the theaters until 10pm and most probably wouldn't rush over for only that.

I would think many big fans would spend the day at the park culminating in the Galactic Spectacular fireworks and then go see ROGUE ONE at Disney Springs. Just seems very strange they wouldn't do ANYTHING special in the parks for the release of the first spin-off Star Wars movie, even something as simple as having the fireworks show.

Bolt

I would think many big fans would spend the day at the park culminating in the Galactic Spectacular fireworks and then go see ROGUE ONE at Disney Springs. Just seems very strange they wouldn't do ANYTHING special in the parks for the release of the first spin-off Star Wars movie, even something as simple as having the fireworks show.
Well, with Jingle Bell Jingle BAM at 6:45pm, the big fans will be 15 minutes away from watching the beginning of the film. And they wouldn't push Jungle hours back due to everyone who booked the dessert party.

DisneyDefenders

Well, with Jingle Bell Jingle BAM at 6:45pm, the big fans will be 15 minutes away from watching the beginning of the film. And they wouldn't push Jungle hours back due to everyone who booked the dessert party.

First of all, you are presuming that there are only a few hundred big fans who will be amongst the first to see the film on Thursday night in the theaters that will have 7 pm showtimes. There are plenty of others who would be happy to spend Thursday at Hollywood Studios, watch the Christmas fireworks at 6:45 followed by the Galactic Spectacular fireworks at 7 pm, and then head to Disney Springs for the 10:30 showing.

YodaMan

Meh. Looks rather thin on "special" events unless you are big into M&G's and shows/talks. This looks like a bunch of stuff that used to be offered for free during Star Wars Weekends that has been repackaged as a hard ticket event for $129 (plus tax). No thanks.

Debatable. It's essentially Star Wars Weekends, and once we get a final line up of "movie stars" and "characters" that they're being vague about, we can decide if it has more or less than the average SWW did. The difference is that SWW was part of daily operations with regular day guests, and you still needed admission to the park. This event is a hard ticket at night, and while more expensive than a single day ticket, it has the added perk of (hopefully) being less crowded than a normal day. Compared to some of the other upcharges lately, I'd argue this is likely worth the cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom