Star Wars Celebration: Not at WDW????

montyz81

Original Poster
http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

This is happening at the Orange County Convention Center. That seems strange since the parent company has more then enough convention space just down the street.

Edit: I should have posted this in the General discussion area. Mods please feel free to move this. Sorry all!

Last edited:

Rteetz

It's been known it won't be happening at Disney for some time. Also DHS will be having Galactic Nights during the celebration which will bring the Star Wars fan out to WDW.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

This is happening at the Orange County Convention Center. That seems strange since the parent company has more then enough convention space just down the street.

Edit: I should have posted this in the General discussion area. Mods please feel free to move this. Sorry all!

Disney doesn't have any single space large enough to accommodate this.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I bet you the space in the S&D + the Y&B convention space would likely be close enough and that keeps people in the genera vicinity.

Celebration's main show floor is about 1 million sq/ft which doesn't include all the stage spaces where they do presentation including a 2400 seat theater for the big presentations. By comparison the largest single space in that area is at the S&D at 128,000 sq/ft. All the convention space in that area combined probably don't add up to what celebration uses for just the main show floor. Also remember that this isn't entire up to Disney since they don't run the show, it's done by an outside company under license from Disney.

flynnibus

Premium Member

No they don't.... nor does Disney have the hotel capacity.

Orlando is used because of its capacity and costs making it one of the more attractive convention sites on the east coast.... not because of wdw

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No they don't.... nor does Disney have the hotel capacity.

Orlando is used because of its capacity and costs making it one of the more attractive convention sites on the east coast.... not because of wdw

I have seen numbers as larger at 150,000 attendees for Celebration in 2015. Even taking into consideration locals and multiple people per room, that would easily consume Disney's hotel capacity.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As @danlb_2000 pointed out Star Wars Celebration is way past the size that any one or even all of Disney's on site convention spaces could accommodate. WDW's resort capacity would not even scratch the surface for what is needed when you factor in the typical occupancy for Easter weekend.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I have seen numbers as larger at 150,000 attendees for Celebration in 2015. Even taking into consideration locals and multiple people per room, that would easily consume Disney's hotel capacity.

Man...Could you imagine if this was a Fastpass + Line....*Yeesh!
TFA-Panel-queue.jpg

Really makes you wonder why we will never see a D23 Expo at the Orange County Convention center being so close to that "other" theme park a few miles down the road and being out of the way from WDW...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom