star wars boutique park

WDW95

I would think it would be foolish to build a "boutique" park based off of Star Wars. I know many of people love the movies, and many Disney fans love Star Wars, but I think Disney would be limiting their potential customers by building a park based off only Star Wars. Personally, I think Star Tours is enough.

I've seen the movie and while it was a cool, I do not think that I would pay $200 dollars to go to a park where I can enter the Star Wars world and participate in all this interactive stuff. I would pay that much to go to Discovery Cove and interact with dolphins and encounter marine life up close and relax on the "beach". I would pay that much to go to the rumored "Night Kingdom" concept floated around a couple of years ago and get close up to animals and go on adventures in the "jungle".

Star Wars has a limited fan base to develop a boutique park. In high school a couple of years ago, my English teacher showed us Star Wars so we could examine the devices used and about 90% of the class found the movie to be boring, cheesy, and uninteresting. I think that today's younger audience, the one Disney needs to and wants to attract for the rest of their lives would not be receptive to this idea. No one young talks about Star Wars. They prefer things such as Harry Potter and the Hunger Games.

WED99

They should retheme the Speedway to Wreck it Ralph.

It could then be Sugar Rush vehicles. Would make perfect sense, since it's Tomorrowland and video games could be part of that techno world. And the candyland environment of Sugar Rush would look great next to Fantasyland.
I agree it's a nice fit for the speedway but your post makes me worry WDI's recent irrelevant attraction choices in TL have cause even some of their biggest fans to forget what TL is all about! It should be in FL, not too hard to change it luckily.

HatboxGhost

I would think it would be foolish to build a "boutique" park based off of Star Wars. I know many of people love the movies, and many Disney fans love Star Wars, but I think Disney would be limiting their potential customers by building a park based off only Star Wars. Personally, I think Star Tours is enough.

I've seen the movie and while it was a cool, I do not think that I would pay $200 dollars to go to a park where I can enter the Star Wars world and participate in all this interactive stuff. I would pay that much to go to Discovery Cove and interact with dolphins and encounter marine life up close and relax on the "beach". I would pay that much to go to the rumored "Night Kingdom" concept floated around a couple of years ago and get close up to animals and go on adventures in the "jungle".

Star Wars has a limited fan base to develop a boutique park. In high school a couple of years ago, my English teacher showed us Star Wars so we could examine the devices used and about 90% of the class found the movie to be boring, cheesy, and uninteresting. I think that today's younger audience, the one Disney needs to and wants to attract for the rest of their lives would not be receptive to this idea. No one young talks about Star Wars. They prefer things such as Harry Potter and the Hunger Games.

Are you kidding? Star Wars has a limited fan base? Star Wars has maintained a consistant fan base for the past 36 years and continues to draw an audience through prequels, The Clone Wars, and the new Disney films coming. Let me see ANY group of films do that. Kids love Clone Wars,the very popular Jedi Training Academy, and Star Tours so that alone will insure the future for the franchise and there is your youth market right there. Last time I checked, Star Wars weekends were a HUGE blowout with tons of people attending young and old.
No one would have ever guessed back in 1977 that 36 years after SW was released that there would still be a huge line of toys, games, films, animated series, comics, books, fan made short films, conventions, museum exhibit tours, and so much more. I highly doubt that ANY other film will be that relevant that long after its release.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom