Star Wars Augmented Reality Package

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
500 bucks. What a sad, venal joke this company is being turned into by these corporate termites. And yeah I know...no one has to buy it. Hopefully no one does.
Argument over... This "offering" will die. Hell, if I am Disney, why the hell not offer something like this. There will be people who certainly think its worth it.

DManRightHere

You do get a lot of stuff...not saying that is worth it.

It also says you have to ride Star Tours. I wonder if something really special happens on the ride.

It is out of my budget, I guess I have to hope someone does a nice umveiling on youtube.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Pokemon Go is completely free to play, but offers purchases within the game. And it has already made far more money than this Star Wars thing could ever dream of.

Marching to the beat of their own drum is usually fine. I understand, this is very different from Pokemon Go. This is a resort-only "game" meant to be played on the trip, and it comes with some physical items and clothing which add to the experience. Basically, I'd bet there's more meat here. But $500 worth of meat? I don't see it. Not even if it's wagyu beef.

When that drum makes less money AND upsets a larger percentage of customers... then you are idiotic for not marching to the beat of a better drum.

I'd have to see the product first, but from the description alone, this definitely ranks up there in the list of most overpriced things I've ever seen.

Considering that this seems to just another iteration of the Kim Possible and Agent P games at EPCOT it's even MORE insanely priced but it follows in the tradition of upcharging for what once was included in admission.

JohnD

Clever. I don't have that kind of money, though. At least it sends you back into DHS. Unlike the glorified HM boxes.

21stamps

I wonder similar things about every single thing sold by Disney Floral and Gifts. Every gift basket they sell seems overpriced for what you actually receive.

How is this
•(2) Storybook Chocolate – 5 pack, assorted flavors
•22” Mickey Mouse Plush
•Goofy’s Candy Co. Character Gummies
•Goofy’s Candy Co. Jelly Beans
•(5) Walker’s Shortbread Cookies, 2 pack
•(10) Assorted Ghirardelli Squares
•Mickey Mouse Icon Beveled Frame – 5” x 7”
worth $132?
http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/product/celebratewithmickey.do

Even considering it is delivered to your hotel room I don't see more than $75 of merchandise maybe?
Everything at Disney Floral and Gifts is extremely overpriced, and everyone who purchases something from there realizes it's overpriced. Here's how the 'get you' - it is a very unique experience. The room is decorated before you arrive, and there is no possible way that a kid would be expecting it.
They should itemize like this-
In Room Celebration- $150
Element of Surprise- $150
Excitement level for your child/children- $200
Total Price - $500.
Because really, that's what we're paying for.

trampdog

Pretty much all of their "In Room Celebrations" are this price..I think they have been for quite a few years, the past 3 for sure.

We are doing the "Christmas Celebration" this year, I went back and forth between the new Star Wars one and a Christmas theme- Christmas won. :).
It's not an every trip thing for sure, in my case the trip is a surprise for my son..he won't find out until the morning of, so it was 'worth' the money- for this once.

Tell ya what. For $300 I'll dress up as Santa and bring the kid an Xbox (included in the deal).

dreamfinder

Sounds like a lot of fun, but as previously mentioned, the price is just ridiculous.
I'm curious to see if anyone can download the app and just playing along with the "Augmented Reality" portion of the experience without the in-room posters and medal.

Don't think you can. Some of the item descriptions indicate that the bits and bobs do stuff that is needed to advance. Now whether it is something stupid that you could easily guess, or if it plays some audio queue for the app to advance I have no idea.

This light up data card lanyard transmits secret information needed to complete the mission while in hyperspace.

My problem though is I wish there were photos of exactly what the room would look like, without adding in staging items that aren't included.

I think this is the biggest problem. The lead pic is the kids playing the game, but no where do they actually show everything you get included other than in the description.
Package includes the following Disney Floral & Gifts Custom Designed items:
•(1) Empire Door Banner
•(4) Empire Recruitment Posters
•(1) Imperial Security Satchel
•(1) Imperial Rank Bar
•(1) Rebel Utility Blanket
•(1) Medal of Bravery with box and fabric wrap
•(1) Set of Rebel of Diversion Tattoos
•(1) Rebel Data Card Lanyard
•(1) Holocron
•(1) Wayfinder set and Mission Briefing
•It also includes:
•(1) Imperial Security Cap
•(1) Kanan’s Lightsaber
•(1) Star Wars Rebel Journal

Yeah, you can step through all the pictures to see, but some of the pics are group shots of items that are included individually if you want to purchase seconds for another person in your party.

21stamps

Don't think you can. Some of the item descriptions indicate that the bits and bobs do stuff that is needed to advance. Now whether it is something stupid that you could easily guess, or if it plays some audio queue for the app to advance I have no idea.

I think this is the biggest problem. The lead pic is the kids playing the game, but no where do they actually show everything you get included other than in the description.

Yeah, you can step through all the pictures to see, but some of the pics are group shots of items that are included individually if you want to purchase seconds for another person in your party.
Here's the photo of the one we're doing

image.png

But this is what it actually includes (a lot less than the photo)- it says it also includes a game that we take to the parks..

image.jpeg

There was a Star Wars Clone Wars experience, but I don't see that offered now. Maybe it was replaced by the new SW one.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Considering that this seems to just another iteration of the Kim Possible and Agent P games at EPCOT it's even MORE insanely priced but it follows in the tradition of upcharging for what once was included in admission.

This is different from Agent P/Kim Possible in that you actually do get something physical for the price, not just the game. Now whether the stuff is worth the price is another matter entirely.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Oh it looks like DCL stopped offering their Star Wars one. It got replaced by Dory apparently.

These are a lot lower priced, but they would drive my anti clutter self absolutely nuts.lolView attachment 154442

Not true about SW decorations for your stateroom. All 4 styles are still on the DCL site - I ordered Halloween decorations yesterday. Including the cooler. Just no cookies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom