Star Wars All-Inclusive "Star Ship" Resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Potter would be the only one that could possibly sustain it in the long term. Even then, the longer we get from new stories with the originals, the less there is to make it viable.
LotR isn't popular enough, and the Star Trek Experience proved that while it worked for a time, there wasn't enough business for it to last for years.

Incorrect on STE, The reason it closed was because Paramount sold its Parks division to Cedar Fair and Cedar Fair/Paramount/LVH could not work out a licensing agreement after the original license expired

The move downtown failed for the same reason

Kamikaze

Incorrect on STE, The reason it closed was because Paramount sold its Parks division to Cedar Fair and Cedar Fair/Paramount/LVH could not work out a licensing agreement after the original license expired

The move downtown failed for the same reason

If it was making enough money, they would have made a deal.

Cesar R M

Don't know about you, but I've been at hotels with paltry selection of cable channels
Refresh my memory.. but didn't hotels like POR and COR only have like 10-15 channels and the rest were paid?
I remember there was hardly any big selection of tv channels (apart from Disney based ones), the weather and news.

Very small selection compared to other hotels I've seen.

peter11435

Refresh my memory.. but didn't hotels like POR and COR only have like 10-15 channels and the rest were paid?
I remember there was hardly any big selection of tv channels (apart from Disney based ones), the weather and news.

Very small selection compared to other hotels I've seen.
They have more than 10-15 but certainly not as many as most people have at home. There are none you can pay for

DisneyDaver

The problem with Disney is, they charge grand tourism and luxury prices for 3 star hotel amenities. The only good thing about these deluxe Disney hotels is their themeing and perhaps the fact they are so close to Magic Kingdom. Not in AK's case, still.. that zoo in the hotel is amazing.

And if guests are willing to pay that price (for whatever their reason), what's wrong with WDW charging grand tourism and luxury prices for "3 star hotel amenities"? I agree with you that WDW deluxe prices do not correspond with the services and amenities offered (other than location), but personally, I'm willing to pay a big premium for proximity to the Magic Kingdom. I certainly understand why others would not too. But, if WDW sells enough rooms at those price, why is it a "problem"?

Cesar R M

And if guests are willing to pay that price (for whatever their reason), what's wrong with WDW charging grand tourism and luxury prices for "3 star hotel amenities"? I agree with you that WDW deluxe prices do not correspond with the services and amenities offered (other than location), but personally, I'm willing to pay a big premium for proximity to the Magic Kingdom. I certainly understand why others would not too. But, if WDW sells enough rooms at those price, why is it a "problem"?
For disney's executives.. maybe not.
For Disney employees, yes.. Because the higher the price point, the higher the expectations, and the more demanding the guest will be.

DisneyDaver

holy crap, you're amazing at twisting other people's post.. I give you my applause. :facepalm:

It's certainly possible that I didn't understand the point you were trying to make in your prior post #481. That is why I posed it as a question, instead of a statement. Why don't you clarify what you meant in your post?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If it was making enough money, they would have made a deal.

Not when you have 3-4 rights holders all trying to maneuver best deal.

Its also why the 'PBS series the American experence is no longer seen money should not be an issue but the IP lawyers are doing their thing

Hi everyone - I took the survey last week and wanted to contribute. The first page of the survey is a legal statement where you agree to not share photos of what you see, but hopefully I can describe a few pieces that I haven't seen in the discussion (sorry if anything is redundant).

I watched a video of various artist renderings, most of which have already been posted here, but there was a picture of a lobby that was a huge atrium and looked like one of the Rebel control centers, and there was a picture of a dinner show that had creatures hanging from huge rings suspended from the ceiling. Kind of dinner Cirque de Soleil with elaborate costumes. All inclusive as others have mentioned, but I was shown a package that included park tickets and EMH in Star Wars Land.

Once I typed in my demographics and party 5 (4 adults, one child), it asked me about various pricing schemes and then asked me how deeply I would want to interact with the characters/scenarios. Would I dress in costume during my visit? Would I want to have my hair and makeup done as a character?(I read this as Bibbity Boutique for adults) How much would I want to participate (just watch, a little, a lot)? Would you expect a cantina? Would you want everyone in the hotel to enter and exit the scenario at the same time? Would you prefer an atrium or a galaxy view?

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan or at the level of Disney expertise as the group on this site, so please forgive me if my terminology is a little vague. The whole survey gave me a vibe between Westworld and a cruise ship. I took the survey through E-rewards.

PurpleDragon

The whole survey gave me a vibe between Westworld and a cruise ship. I took the survey through E-rewards.

That would be completely awesome. The idea of a complete immersion resort where you are allowed/encouraged to dress in costume to participate in the immersion(a la Westworld) sounds absolutely amazing. However, I doubt they would ever take it that far, the costs alone for staff upkeep(makeup artists, costume repair, costume cleaning, guest costume assistance, etc...) would make it very unattractive to the corporate penny pinchers. My guess is they'll have a handful of characters wandering around the resort and maybe a few AA droids placed strategically. Thats IF this idea ever goes beyond the planning stages.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Soooooooo......... What's the outside of a star ship resort supposed to look like? Any theories?
th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom