Star Traders Closes for Rehab

ImaginationHost

Original Poster
Mickey's Star Traders in Tomorrowland at The Magic Kingdom will be closed 1/3/04 through Easter 2004 for refurbishment.

Look for an exciting new shopping experience with Mickey at Easter

WDWhumanmap

no mickey's star traders is the one next door to the merchent of venus the one aec left u out at grizz and i hope both get renovated like they are supose to and open as stitch shops like rumored to be i would like to see them come out like w/ stuff toys or something w/ the cousins

General Grizz

I want Merchant of Venus blown up!

Look at their merchandise:

Column23Page5Sec22.jpg

Column23Page5Sec21.jpg

Oy. :brick: Degrading as Disney is becoming, they are playing the RADIO in that shop. (or at least random pop songs off the radio).

:fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

Bill

Account Suspended
Grizz, you get the TNT from Thunder Mt, I'll get some Ion blasters from Buzz, and we'll blow that thing to kingdom come!:lol:

WDWhumanmap

i am with grizz but i hav to say one time after i came out of aec once i heard the theme to disneymania the show that moved from the castle to the tomm stage then retired just this past year RIP DisneyMania and all i wish is that version of the song was on a cd somewhere i mean i know the original is mousekerrmania found on the splashdance album but its not the same as the cool zip version done at dm

meekoman

I've got to agree with the comment about Merchant's of Venus. That used to be a cool sci fi store. Now they sell crap. But that's what I noticed Disney has done to alot of their shops. Look at Disney Quest. Why bother even having a shop there if they're not even going to have Quest merchandise there? That and the shops in Adventureland near the Sunrise Terrace. Most of them have been closed up.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Isn't this to connect Alien Encounter to the shop?

This was the rumor a while back. Even though I'm not 100% sure how this is going to work (back when it was open one chamber exited to the Merchant of Venus and the other sent you basically to the front of Tomorrowland).

I'm sure this is what it's going to be though. Could you imagine Disney making a Stitch attraction where one of the chambers DOESN'T exit directly into a gift shop? I think there's a better chance of seeing Chairman Clench in a Disney park again than that! :lol:

WDWhumanmap

all i know is with stitch coming in all the crappy merchandise should be moved out and stitch merchandise moved in i mean stitch is better than the crap now maybe w/ stitch and the whole all theme they can make it a sci fi store again

imho as long as they come out w/ adult stitch stuff like shirt etc. and stuff w/ the cousins i'll be happy b/c i am tired of trying to fit myself into a childs size lilo and stitch shirt:lol:

wdwjmp239

I want Merchant of Venus blown up!

Lovely... Soft Disney . I'm glad that the money I put forth into purchasing my annual passes goes towards such "smut." I agree.. take down MoV.

*fires up the wrecking ball* ;)

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by DivineMadness7
awww but the chick shirt is kinda cute...hehehe :p

but not for a MK store!

That would be more for a store on International Drive or something.

Hmmm.. maybe you can buy four of those shirts for $5.00 ;) LOL

General Grizz

I remember my first trip to MoV. . . I saw those dragons and fireball t-shirts. WHAT?! Then I saw a ball of fire in Mickey ears.

Ugh. Whoever put this TOTALLY out of place material in there should be fired and have to wear this merchandise all their life. :fork: :p :fork:

J.E.Smith

The only thing that stuff they have in MoV that has to do with the future is probably a sign of how degrading Disney's will be...

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by J.E.Smith
Just what the heck does that stuff have to do with the future or Disney anyway?

...maybe it's a sign of how degrading Disney's future will be or something...

Hmmm.. new land in the works at The Magic Kingdom? TACKY MERCHANDISE LAND ;)

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Pixie Duster
I guess it goes with their screwed up belief that Tomorrowland is TeenLand...

Shoot with Buzz Lightyear in place, Stitch on the way :hurl: , and rumors of CoP and Timekeeper being replaced sometime down the road with other "kiddie" attractions, I think they are trying to make Tomorrowland into "Fantasyland East". What a shame.

Djali999

Degrading as Disney is becoming, they are playing the RADIO in that shop. (or at least random pop songs off the radio).

try working there. :brick: after Disney Radio 6 went into endless loop for the tenth time, we ganged up on a manager and begged to be allowed to put in a new CD. Lilo & Stitch was in there for about a day before it was back to Disney Radio 6.

hell is Hampton and the Hampsters on endless loop...

I agree. Merchant of Venus is full of tacky merchandise. and Star Traders is falling apart. I'll be happy when they open, all cool and new! :)

General Grizz

Originally posted by Djali999
try working there. :brick: after Disney Radio 6 went into endless loop for the tenth time, we ganged up on a manager and begged to be allowed to put in a new CD. Lilo & Stitch was in there for about a day before it was back to Disney Radio 6.

hell is Hampton and the Hampsters on endless loop...

I agree. Merchant of Venus is full of tacky merchandise. and Star Traders is falling apart. I'll be happy when they open, all cool and new! :)

How much does that crap sell?

:( :brick: *grr Disney is really getting on my bad list :lol: *

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom