Star Tours

MartyMouse

Crazy Idea

Try this for a darn good idea, shoot a new movie with a more generic droid dialog (“it’s mine too” has gotten real old). Shoot the film with a standard take off opening but after the first 45 seconds but then shoot 4 or 5 different endings with different trips off course one to the Death Star one to Hoth one to Naboo ect.

Now I know with web sites like this it will be hard - but keep the exact number of endings a secret, start off with two random endings then after about 3 months introduce a new ending into the rotation with little fanfare, and then do it two more times, now you have 5 different rides in one attraction. Now this will keep it a surprise if you get a new ending, but if you don’t you can’t get mad because you never knew about it.

I know the idea is far fetched but as a fan of both Disney and Star Wars I would love the surprise of it all. Also Disney could poll riders to see what ending they like the least and then pull it out of the rotation keeping the ride at a certain level of popularity for at least three or four seasons.

SNS

Originally posted by lukacseven
We've seen 2 (and a 3rd on the way) new movies since the ride opened

Why should the ride be based on the prequels? We still have new video games on the Original Trilogy, why shouldn't we still have theme park rides based on the Original Trilogy?

barnum42

Originally posted by Elway79004
it is WAY too bumpy compared to newer simulator rides. It's not as enjoyable with your head bouncing around so much so the screen becomes a blur and you're dizzy when you get off. Mission Space could be the most difficult ride in history to put together, but its at smooth as can be and you don't get the least bit sick.

I know someone who finds the opposite to be true. She can ride the bumpy simulators, but Mission Space played havoc with her stomach. Whilst it’s a whole lot smoother the stomach churning is a lot stronger and sustained over a longer period.

Mind you, since she rode they have changed the pre-flight warnings to include keep your eyes open, she shut hers when she started to feel queasy, which probably made things worse.

Different folk get affected by different things.

barnum42

Re: Re: Star Tours

Originally posted by SNS
Why should the ride be based on the prequels? We still have new video games on the Original Trilogy, why shouldn't we still have theme park rides based on the Original Trilogy?

The suits will probably think a newer film will create more interest. Whereas Star Wars fans would prefer the ride to be based on the better films ;)

Fido

As far as the bumpy ride goes, I have never had a problem with Star Tours. It doesn't throw you around nearly as bad as Body Wars does. I haven't been on BW for about 7 years because of the neck pain from the last time I rode it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom