Star Tours

Maerj

It would be cool if they switched the ride mechanism to the same one used in Dinosaur, but have it enclosed. You could pick from one of three different tours to different planets in the Star Wars Galaxy. During space travel you'd see the stars on the screens as usual, but when on the various worlds the windows on the sides could open, revealling animatronic creatures, aliens and their environments. Then an animatronic Watto could be added to Tatooine Traders and some of those funny little Pit Droids as well. Sure it'd cost a lot of money, but it would be a lot of fun!

DarkMeasures

Originally posted by Maerj
It would be cool if they switched the ride mechanism to the same one used in Dinosaur, but have it enclosed. You could pick from one of three different tours to different planets in the Star Wars Galaxy. During space travel you'd see the stars on the screens as usual, but when on the various worlds the windows on the sides could open, revealling animatronic creatures, aliens and their environments. Then an animatronic Watto could be added to Tatooine Traders and some of those funny little Pit Droids as well. Sure it'd cost a lot of money, but it would be a lot of fun!

It would mean really really fast moving lines. I would like that idea also and it would probably cost less than mine. But there is no room in the studios. The park is surrounded by roads on all sides.

Shaman

The new video would have been done a long time ago...but I think that the problem lies between the relations of Eisner and Lucas...like someone said before, Lucas wants a different kind of update and Eisner wants a cheaper update....I believe that there would have been an update years ago if it wasn't for the "cheap" factor....the fact is that relations between Lucas and Disney aren't as good as they once were...isn't the Lucas/Disney contract almost up????

:lookaroun

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Originally posted by objr
isn't the Lucas/Disney contract almost up????

Nope. Got renewed earlier this year right around the time of the Star Wars Weekends I believe.

Heard Lucas has some plans for the event when it starts up again for the next two-three years, as well as for The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular for updating it and all.

Speaking of Indy, DVD tomorrow.

Testtrack321

I'm sideing with XSComm here, revamp the film, make it digital, remaster the audio, change the pre-show video, and also rehab the general simulators.

DarkMeasures

Another good idea I though of is what if they had the nromal sized simulators that they do now but instead of 4(6?) have them on a track that has 1 loading point and 1 unloading point and the rest is a small fixed track so that the ride could be longer and ave a better capacity. (also, moving could be made more realistic)

It is like that one guys but without the actual sets.

But you've got to love the 80's. Keep the 80's preshow videos!!!

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Seriously doubt they will ever expand the building EVER.

Mainly because to left (As you look at the entrance) youve got the backlot Express/Entrance (And OR Exits) for Parades, to the right is the garbage area for Star Tours and Pizza Planet. Behind the attraction....oy, put it this way, take a backlot tram car and place it between the fence and the building (Like have the front facing the building) and you barely (And I do mean BARELY) have enough room left, not to mention, on the other side of the fence is the main parking entrance for the Studios. Add to that back area, you've got the area for the Indiana Jones Stunt Crew and their storage areas, and the parade cars building....

I think at the most we'll see either:

-An updated film

-Resoration of the current film (With the perks I mentioned earlier)

-Maybe a gut of the building and rebuild everything ( I can see them adding a third floor (The ride itself is on the second) to make room for a larger SIM or more cars.

But other than that really, I wouldn't expect the Leading Company for all your travel needs to get that much changed.

I know that area like the back of my hand, I used to work over at Star Tours before ISTC came in. And Im not saying this to build more on the fact that this is basically what it boils down too. It could happen, they might eventually decide to expand the area.

But another thing you have to look at is that long time and long fabled Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular being removed for the Indy Adventure, that building is pretty big when you add in EVERYTHING for it.

*Im trying not to go off subject but*

Another thing on the Indy switch out. This is for a lot of you who aren't CMs, and this is totally off the record as far as my defence goes for the show.

One of the MAIN areas for deliveries of many things, merchindise, new costumes, ect., the entrance is directly behind the Stunt Show. Not to mention the Cast Entrance/Costume department. On top of this, the perimeter road runs right behind the stunt show as well, which is also used for the parade cars and pratically everything that goes on backstage.

So with that in mind, this is another reason why I would highly doubt the introduction of the attraction down here simply because of geography and room, they simply dont have enough of it with the surrounding areas, not to mention one of the most vital areas to Studio CMs rest right behind the area.

You want to know how close the show is to the Cast Area. Seriously, with just the spikes shooting up, you can actually feel/see the walls vibrate from the sound effect of them shooting up. And the truck explosion during "Cairo Encounter"? Im not even going there.....Its not earth shattering but dang that thing rattles certain areas back there big time.

Dayma

I think we may see them update the film to Digital ( sound also ) and also to HDTV quality. This will improve it greatly.

I dont see this happening for many years since Lucas is putting a lot of time into EPIII and then also the new indy that he is helping with....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom