Star Tours

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From my understanding Star Tours 2.0 is in the pipeline and being actively worked on. From what I have read it will still be a simulator ride but with a vastly improved simulator which would include in cabin effects, digital screens and possibly even more advanced animatronics. There was even mention of the possibility of an opening canopy on the simulator. I have not heard a peep about what the storyline will be but I feel pretty confident that it will not be pod racing. While it is a perfect fit for a simulator the average Star Wars fan is kind of sick of pod racing.

Kman101

There's been refurb rumors for a while. I'm going to assume it will happen eventually. I'm guessing Disney's Hollywood Studios wants to wait until Toy Story Mania is up and running as well as whatever they are putting into the ABC Television Theater. That way, we have two new attractions minus Star Tours.

Just my hunch ... I'm probably wrong but it sounds plausible. Star Tours needs a refurb.

Green Lantern

Original Poster
I forgot where I read this but it said that besides the ride being refurbed, outside would as well (perhaps for the stage for the Jedi training?) Anyway, they said the Ewok Village might be taken down. Hope that isn't true.

darthjohnny

I remeber people only thinking that the Ewok Village was going to be torn down because of the wording on permit filed to build the new Jedi Training Stage. Needless to say, that didn't happen. I don't know what's planned for the future, but I could see the Ewok Village staying.

George Lucas has said he is eager to work on the ride, and Anthony Daniels (who plays C-3PO) mentioned he worked on some new footage for the ride. But nothing new has come out lately.

RiversideBunny

If you ever happen to sit in the extreme left seat on the back row, you will get bounced all over the place.
It's happened to me several times, just by random chance.
It's gotten to be a family joke whenever I go on it.

That left seat in the back row seems to get ALL the movement of the simulator.

Star Tours is great.
:)

hollywood<3

When I read another article (will try to find it) about the refurb borrowing from the Living Character initiative, I thought they would keep the plot and film just upgrade the simulator and make Rex interact with passengers ala talking palm tree thingie. Now I read this plot and I is confuzzled. :veryconfu I mean I love TPM but loathe the extremely long and kind of pointless podrace. Would not want to ride it.

Sir Hiss527

You think they would ever consider it being anything like Mission:Space? It really does need a rehab update, with all the new films, and merchendise, the current attraction is lame, and outdated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom