Star Tours

VacationMan

Hey All. When @ WDW Over July 4th, 2001... One Night we closed MGM (or should I say "Disney Studios" since the agreement is "up") and hada chance to talk to 3 very bored CMs inside ST (We had the simulator to just about ourselves).

I asked them if they had heard anything about the POD RACER mod, and the main CM said that they had heard nothing, and just finished going through a retro fit....

New Carpets in the waiting area (which did look better!) and that all the simulators had been updated to "Digital Projection".

This sounded great on the Digital Projection.... and I was up for a ride with a "pristine look" - no fuzz, pops, etc... but alass when we rode, it was still looked entirely the same video, not what I was expecting...

Anyway, for what its worth, I'd expect the same motion system would stay, and it would make sense to do a 50/50 split on the sims for a new ride story..

As far as "Why update the post-show shop"... 1) Its cheap (compared as to updating an attraction"... and 2) The young kids are WAY too young to remember Endor, so the look of Tatooine would definately make them want to go in..

Hey, by the way.... if JarJar made you bristle, please re-watch Jedi and concentrate on the EWOKS.... then you'll see haow Lucas started (even then) to decide that he needed a "hook" for young kids to merchandise to...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom