News Star Tours to be updated with new adventures in 2024 at Walt Disney World

HMF

For the love of god you have a whole land dedicated to the franchise. Why is Star Tours still open?

Snake

Did they remove the Darth Vader opening? I know it's rare, but I'm fearing that its gone. This was the ONLY place to see Darth Vader, insanity, if they removed that, they are even more lost than I thought.

mysto

I hope they write clever and funny short stories and back off (a little) on the "hey we're flying around" trope. I think there's a lot of untapped potential here. Maybe ease the pacing a little.

Touchdown

Did they remove the Darth Vader opening? I know it's rare, but I'm fearing that its gone. This was the ONLY place to see Darth Vader, insanity, if they removed that, they are even more lost than I thought.
Darth is not removed. He has a 50% chance of showing up if you get a prequel itinerary. I have no idea what prequel:sequel itinerary % is, but lately I’ve gotten more prequel rides.

FigmentFan82

At

Sadly, they appar to be in the process of torpedoing the Mandelorian in season 3. Oy.
Not at all. This is a false narrative spun by whiny "star wars fans". Any real fan of star wars knows this is the most "star war" star wars has been, and leagues above the sequels. Mando is playing right along side Clone Wars and Rebels, and this is a good thing. If you don't like it, stop watching.

FigmentFan82

Don't sleep on this announcement. If there is genuine motivation to do another update for Star Tours, then it does offer a glimpse of hope that other attractions we know can be updated, could potentially be flagged for an update as well.
This is something Disney didn't have to do, they chose to.
Perhaps we could see some new MF:SM missions. Maybe TSM will get it's long overdue update on new games.
It's encouraging nonetheless that Disney sees the logic in capitalizing on current Star Wars stories that people are really enjoying and bringing some of that to life in the parks.

Eric Graham

The Star Tours Ride has always very enjoyable for us. One time my wife lost her sunglasses on it, and those wonderful employees at Disney were able to recover them for her. So Very Nice!!!

FigmentFan82

The ratings have only dropped 40% so more people are still watching than not.

Although by the end of the season I feel like that number will be much worse for Disney.
But this is a streaming show, not linear. Once it's on the platform, it's there. Not everyone rushes to catch the latest episode when it drops. Come back in a year before you start trying to spell doom and gloom.

Stupido

Yeah, our group was blown away by star tours back in October. It was mid day, and we were feeling a little burnt out from our consecutive third day of rope-dropping. Every other ride had triple the wait, and we needed to kill time before our next genie+ reservation, so we walked onto star tours. It was everything we needed to catch our second wind. Even the two members of our group who couldn’t care less about star wars enjoyed it. I even felt like star tours was in the best shape it’s ever been.

Animation Courtyard needs the Reno far more than this side of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom