Star Tours II

well i forgot where i read this so sorry i cant quote the source, but apparently when episode 1 was being made, when the special effects guys were editing the pod race scene, they thought it would be really cool to have a ride like this. so they edited a whole first person sequence of the race, and even convinced the people at disney to have a test run. they played it in one of the pods at disneyland and were trying to convince eisner to update the ride. Lucas really wanted to update it with new digital projectors and new surround sound (like he did with the original movies, make everything new and fancy). the problem is, eisner had just spent a bunch of money redoing tomorrowland that was met with mediocre reviews. so lucas got ed off and went away but apparently they have made some sort of agreement recently and we might see a Star Tours II ready in i think 2007 for like the 20th or 25th anniversary of the ride... but that would only be in disneyland.... thats what i heard or read, sorry if im wrong!

NowInc

pretty much..its up to who decides to front the money to upgrade the ride system. Lucas doesnt want a cheap new movie in the ride..he wants a major upgrade.

cardfan32

I think they should make a Star Wars ride like the Spider-man one in Universal. I think it would be cool to have Yoda fight and jump on your ride cart in 3D or Darth Maul. Or, i think it should be like the roller coaster simulators in Disney Quest and have you control and X-Wing fighter like Mission Space controls but you get to choose where you want to go during the ride (Up, down, corkscrew, upside down, etc.) and that you can shoot enemy targets and Tie fighters.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
NowInc said:
pretty much..its up to who decides to front the money to upgrade the ride system. Lucas doesnt want a cheap new movie in the ride..he wants a major upgrade.
sad thing is..... Lucas could probably fund the whole thing and not even notice it in his check register.......... do you keep a check register when you are that rich. :p

Connor002

well, it needs major updating

maybe its just the way i am but for some reason my consciousness just isn't fooled into the sensation of motion (i used two big words:p), it just feels like i'm sitting in a box thats being shaken around

with the addition of M:S the bar has been raised, at its time to bring star tours up to (and hopefully exceeding) standard

-connor

SpenceMan01

Not to get off topic, but I think Disney needs something like IoA's Spiderman. Don't get me wrong, I'm pure Disney at heart, but Spiderman is my favorite attraction in all of Orlando. Hands down. The theater phone number detail is beyond ANYTHING. I think it would be cool to have a Fantasmic ride in that style.... but I have Fantasmic on the brain... :hammer:

A Star Wars style ride like this would be cool, as cardfan mentioned. I don't think Disney would ever directly lift this style of ride from Universal, unfortunately.

WDW Kip

Updating Star Tours would be really great; my dream idea would be an update made with CGI that included different ride experiences depending on which simulator you were in. You could have 2 different ride movies from the prequels and 2 from the original trilogy. I think the technology is old enough that this wouldn't be too difficult, and would be something fans would love.

As for the planned new ride movie for the 20th or 25th anniversary of the ride, I recall Jim Hill talking about that on www.jimhillmedia.com He did an entire series on the history of Star Tours, and it's quite and interesting read.

DisneySaint

Ghostbuster626 said:
search? I went back to the very first post on this forum and started reading from there. I found this on page 325.

Please don't bump 4 year old threads. :hammer:

It's probably not a good idea to go back to the first page since this forum has been around for years. When you have a general question like this what you want to do is head over to the WDW General Discussion forum and make a new thread there and folks will be happy to answer it for you and you'll likely fire up a new discussion. :wave:

Papa Van

DisneyJoey said:

It's probably not a good idea to go back to the first page since this forum has been around for years. When you have a general question like this what you want to do is head over to the WDW General Discussion forum and make a new thread there and folks will be happy to answer it for you and you'll likely fire up a new discussion. :wave:

Except if it's been discussed more than once in the past 3 or 4 years people gripe because you did'nt use the search feature. I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere but I've yet to find it. :rolleyes:

Papa Van

Since1976

I heard that Yoda fights in Episode II!!

Sorry, just getting into the mindset of when this thread was created...

:snore:

I think that everything regarding an update to this ride which has been posted on these forums since Episode I came out is wishful thinking.

That's not to say there are no planned updates to the ride -- just that nothing concrete whatsoever has been made public.

DisneySaint

Papa Van said:
Except if it's been discussed more than once in the past 3 or 4 years people gripe because you did'nt use the search feature. I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere but I've yet to find it. :rolleyes:

Papa Van

The happy medium is the General Discussion board. :)

In my opinion, threads older than a certain amount of time should auto-lock. Seem that on many boards.

DisneyJoey said:

I was just joking lol

darthdarrel

DisneyJoey said:
The happy medium is the General Discussion board. :)

In my opinion, threads older than a certain amount of time should auto-lock. Seem that on many boards.
except as was said When people make new threads of topics that have already been discussed in the past get very upset and irate that you did not use the search option. I have no problem in resurecting old threads. Lets me see how very little even the people in the "KNOW" actually know. Read from the start and you will see even CM's saying that an upgrade was basically a done deal and 4 years later not a thing has happened to it! :lol: :wave:

Videoteck

well...

I like it I remember when I was a kid I went on that ride I hated simulations lol...I look ed behind me the whole time lol...
Anyways Star Tours II that would be sweet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom