Star Tours hinted to receive new scenes at Star Wars Celebration

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I always liked version 2 over the original one and didn’t understand the complaints about it not being canon because it actually put you in the movies.

Also the original one never made sense in canon since you were blowing up a third Death Star after Endor.
My post was about MF:SR, not Star Tours.

J4546

I dont know, but I also dont get how it takes so long for a videogame ride to be updated. Same with SMugglers RUn....Only 1 level?????

PiratesMansion

Pretending like streaming shows (from ALL platforms; Stranger Things, anyone?) don't routinely take forever to release seasons even if there aren't writer and actor strikes causing extra production backups simply because people want to discredit Disney that much is definitely something.

D.Silentu

I'm just sitting here hoping it doesn't take two decades for them to update Smuggler's Run. The additions made to Star Tours: The Adventure's Continue since its opening are perhaps the only active example of a screen based ride's potential.

Last edited:

SSG

So it’s 3 new transmissions and one new scene right?
Description here

mickEblu

Description here

Thanks! I’ll be riding this Sunday as well as Hyperspace Mountain. Hope we get Mando/ Grogu. My son has no idea who Andor is.

mickEblu

It’s hard for me to see them getting rid of Star Tours. I’d imagine it survives any Tomorrowland redo or refresh. The only way Star Tours goes anywhere is if they demo all of Tomorrowland. Otherwise it would make absolutely no sense. The bang for their buck they re getting on that tiny plot of land is too high.

DavidDL

I'm super disappointed that it's just the one new scene at the end and the three transmissions. I understand the transmissions can technically qualify as "scenes". But when they said new "scenes" were coming, I guess expected more than just the one?

Also.. did they even bother to get Pedro Pascal to voice the Mando for his transmission? I won't be in the parks until this weekend to see it for myself but something sounded.. off about his voice in the videos I've seen.

MagicHappens1971

Also.. did they even bother to get Pedro Pascal to voice the Mando for his transmission? I won't be in the parks until this weekend to see it for myself but something sounded.. off about his voice in the videos I've seen.
I’m sure it’s not a matter of “bother” it’s a matter of Pedro is very busy and probably didnt have time to record something for this.

DavidDL

I’m sure it’s not a matter of “bother” it’s a matter of Pedro is very busy and probably didnt have time to record something for this.

So between April 9th, 2023 (when this was announced) and now (nearly a year later), Pedro Pascal was not available for 20 seconds (timed the transmission) to say: "Star Tours, a battle is brewing, we can no longer stand in the shadows. We need your help. Head the coordinates I am transmitting to you. This mission is dangerous. Be strong and courageous. This is the way. Spit that out." into a home studio or personal recording device knowing it wouldn't have to be perfect since his voice is modulated anyways? I don't buy it.

I'm not going to pretend to know the inner workings of Pedro's schedule or home life. But I have worked on enough films and done enough meet and greets with voice actors to know that all you really need is a quiet room, a few minutes of time (for a line this short) and a halfway decent phone to get something useable. Even Adam Driver was able to record last-minute lines for Rise of Skywalker in a closet on his way to appear on Seth Meyers.

Maybe I'm just putting on my tin-foil hat and it's actually him on an off-day. Maybe it will sound better in person? But if it isn't, then I again don't buy that he was "too busy" for something of this nature. Which is a shame because this transmission will certainly become a permanent addition to the pool of possibilities Guests can experience long-term. Sadly, whatever series of events or decisions made that led to this audio choice will likely cause it to suffer for the attraction's lifespan.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

The thing that always gets me in these situations is that this is Disney we are talking about. They have access to the best voice actors working today, so I'm always incredulous when they can't seem to produce a convincing mimic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom