Star Tours for a 4 yr old?

The4mousekeeters

Original Poster
How intense is Star Tours (i.e. motion and video)? Is it okay for smaller kids or is this one we should wait a little longer for?

John Stamos

It's not really scary, just very full of sharp motion and with realistic 3D visuals. It is intense, but not something that would frighten children, just make them uncomfortable I guess.

It also depends on the child, some might enjoy it, others won't.

ninjaprincesst

Mine went on it at 3 and loved it, of course that was the old version. It is not scary in any way unless of course the child is scared of Darth Vader.

StarWarsGirl

I think it just depends on the kid. If you've got a kid who's really into Star Wars and who isn't really scared of anything, go for it. If you have a kid who hasn't seen Star Wars, is more timid of what he/she sees in movies (ex. Does the dragon from Sleeping Beauty freak him/her out?) then you should probably wait. The motion is probably okay. I recall that we let my younger brother on when he was 4 (I'm short; I was 5 or 6 before I could ride it).

HRHPrincessAriel

What's not scary to us can still be scary to a little kid.

I would not classify Philharmagic as scary but it freaked my kiddo out.

I would have thought going into it Star Tours would have been the "scarier" to her.

Dinosaur she sat stone faced on. I thought she'd lose her mind.

*shrugs shoulders*

stevehousse

Ya my son was 3 when he first went on it and loves the ride! A yes it is a 40 inch height resctriction.

We just went to the doctors and my youngest who turned 3 at te beginning of summer is now 40 inches so we r too excited for him to go on the big boy rides next time we go!

Gomer

If your child likes jarring motion then they'll likely be fine. The old horsey ride on the knee is a pretty good test of the same type of motion tolerance.

If they like this sort of thing and aren't afraid of the dark or loud noises, then you will probably be fine.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It is going to depend on the kid. Back in the day Body in WoL, very similar had an age minimum of 3, my DS had just turned three but was a little dare devil. He did so much better than my DH or I did.

I find a little bit of prep works well on this and other rides they get into'd to. I told him the seat would just shift back and forth and that was the only moving the ride did. I told him if he didn't like the movie to pick out a spot on the floor and stare and it would go away. But he loved it and wanted to ride again.

BigRedDad

You know your kid more than anyone. It is almost like driving down railroad tracks. It bumps around about that much. If they can handle that, then they can handle ST.

MissingDisney

My son rode it at three. He had the seatbelt on correctly. But The bumping and jarring was so exaggerated that he kept popping up and out of his seat. The man on the other side of him noticed I was having a hard time holding his legs down and had to help me during the ride so he wouldn't get hurt. Despite all of this, my son's reaction, "that was awesome mom". I guess it was worth it.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Visually, it may be a little intense for a 4 year old, but you are the best judge of that. But since you are riding in a motion simulator with some pretty good jumps and bumps, he might have an issue staying in his seat and if he's under 40", he won't be allowed to ride anyway. I've been jostled around on the ride, especially seated in the last row, and I'm a fairly tall adult woman.

Wags14

My son loved Star Tours at the age of 4, but took him another 2 years before he would do the Jedi Academy due to being afraid of Darth Vader. You should be fine with Star Tours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom