Star Tours closing date confirmed? or just the start of the close-down

wild01ride

Not questioning the accuracy, but just curious, was there confirmation elsewhere that Aug. 14 will be the absolute final date for Star Tours?
I ask because the announcement says:
"Be the first to be the last...passengers...as Star Tours begins making its final flights to Endor."

I guess I'm just a critic of written context, but it sounds to me like it's not absolute that Aug. 14 will be the final night.

For example, if it was indeed absolute, I would have imagined they would say:
"Be the first to be the last...passengers...as Star Tours makes its final flights to Endor."

It seems more to me like kind of a "Grand Closing" celebration with the potential for "soft closings" extending after the actual event, similar to soft openings before a Grand Opening event. Especially because renovation schedules and timelines are usually pretty variable based on when components, personnel, etc. are ready.

I guess it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, just curious...

cornandacobb

Any word on whether Jedi Training outside of the attraction will continue?
Will the AT-AT still be there and still be spitting water?
Hope so.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not questioning the accuracy, but just curious, was there confirmation elsewhere that Aug. 14 will be the absolute final date for Star Tours?
I ask because the announcement says:
"Be the first to be the last...passengers...as Star Tours begins making its final flights to Endor."

I guess I'm just a critic of written context, but it sounds to me like it's not absolute that Aug. 14 will be the final night.

For example, if it was indeed absolute, I would have imagined they would say:
"Be the first to be the last...passengers...as Star Tours makes its final flights to Endor."

It seems more to me like kind of a "Grand Closing" celebration with the potential for "soft closings" extending after the actual event, similar to soft openings before a Grand Opening event. Especially because renovation schedules and timelines are usually pretty variable based on when components, personnel, etc. are ready.

I guess it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, just curious...

Yep its a very valid point. Either way, we know the closing event is beginning Augst 14. Can't be long after, if in fact the 14th isn't the final day. The 14th is the last day of Summer Nightastic, so would certainly make sense from that perspective as well.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yep its a very valid point. Either way, we know the closing event is beginning Augst 14. Can't be long after, if in fact the 14th isn't the final day. The 14th is the last day of Summer Nightastic, so would certainly make sense from that perspective as well.
If it was the last day one would think that little fact would have featured prominently in the add for the event. It being closed on 8/15 would add a sense of urgency to the casual local fan. More than anything the date of 8/14/2010 is used due to Celebration 5 being in town. WDW just wants their cut of insane Star Wars fan money.

Desperad07

I'm curious too since i will be there in October and had thought i would get a chance to see it one more time. They originally had said closing October 2010. A shame...as much as I want to see it change, I was hoping to have one last ride on one of my all time favorites.

PhantomX

If it was the last day one would think that little fact would have featured prominently in the add for the event. It being closed on 8/15 would add a sense of urgency to the casual local fan. More than anything the date of 8/14/2010 is used due to Celebration 5 being in town. WDW just wants their cut of insane Star Wars fan money.

They had said disneylands version would close in October but it could be that wdws version will close sooner so that they can have it open by next years star wars weekends event

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Any word on whether Jedi Training outside of the attraction will continue?
Will the AT-AT still be there and still be spitting water?
Hope so.

I would imagine the At At will not remain. The new attraction is based on part of the movie that takes place prior to the theme of the current attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom