Star Tours as it should be

frankd1962

Original Poster
I just got back from the Boston Museum of Science today after seeing the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit. If you get a chance to see it, GO!!!!! (especially if you're a Star Wars fan like me.)

http://www.mos.org/doc/1869 (The schedule for the tour)

Anyhow, the reason I'm posting this is because one of the exhibits is a mock-up of the inside of the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon. It sits four people and looks almost like the Falcon as we've seen it in the O/T. It is on the Main Floor and on the floor with no motion control like Star Tours. I sat in Chewbacca's seat. We fly from the Star Wars universe to our's (just outside the Earth's orbit. We fly out past the Moon, Mars and the outer planets, then out of our galaxy and then to the "edge" of the Big Bang. With the movement of the stars on the screen just outside the cockpit made me feel like we were actually flying in the Falcon. With the sound and the motion, it was like being there.

Now if the Imagineers could capture the same feeling in an improve Star Tours I would be a very happy Star Wars fan.

JohnMan

Hey Frank - I'm heading to BMoS this Sunday with my wife and son (5). I picked up tix for us to hit the Falcon and am very happy to hear it is a cool ride.

I'm with you regarding Star Tours - it definitely needs an update.

angelfaerie52

TheMagicMouse said:
sounds cool, though with only four people per-ride it would take forever to get through the line.

Yes, it would take forever. However, you have to buy a ticket for it ($5, I believe) and they sell out quick.

I tried to go with my BF yesterday and the exhibit and the ride were sold out (no biggie, he lives in Somerville, the citytown over and I live 20 minutes out)...

I will definitely check out over my spring break (pre ordering tickets this week since his family is a member of the museum)!

DisneySam

How cool is that! Thanks for posting the link too I am totally going when it comes to Columbus in August.

That would be a great addition to Star Tours I think. Has anyone heard any definite plans to rehab that in the near future?

frankd1962

Original Poster
I understand the four person is undoable at a theme park but something like it on a bigger scale for more people would be great.

Haven't been to Mission: Space yet but how's this for a scenario for the Falcon theme. Han Solo (Harrison Ford) asked you to fly the Falcon to Bespin with 3-PO and R2 helping you in another part of the ship as they fly it. One of the leaps could be a photo op with you and others in the cockpit. :)

But if they want to keep the ride as is they should update the video and screen a bit. If they want to put in things from the series let's go with the Pod Race, Coruscant chase (EP II) and a run on Death Star II with the comets staying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom