Standby lines during Christmas week?

Courtney6682

Hello friends!

I'm in the midst of planning my first ever Christmas trip. I know it will be like nothing I've ever experienced before as far as crowds and we are prepared for that. My question is...Will riding ANYTHING standby be feasible? Like 20-30 min wait? Or will we only be able to ride with whatever fastpasses we have?

TIA!!!

TiggerDad

We went that week last year and were able to do a lot. Yes, the lines were long (even for the bathrooms), but there are lots of fun things to do that don't require huge waits. Grab food and eat while you wait if there is something you just have to wait for. Also the parks are open longer hours than other weeks, so we were able to do a lot after 10 pm (we're not early risers). I would second the comment about long lines of cars heading to MK in the morning. The buses have to wait in the same traffic, so that wasn't fun. We were able to get 4th, 5th and even 6th FPs at MK, just not for the top rides. Be patient, flexible, and keep expectations low and just enjoy being there!

Upvote 0

Joe_90

The only time I was at WDW over Christmas and new year was 1999 - 2000.
A few days before and after Christmas the wait times were about 15 min max.
Christmas day everything was a walk on. We went round Pirates in our own boat 3 times in a row without getting off :)
All the resteraunts were virtually empty. There were about 15 people in Chrystal Palace (not including Tigger and Pooh)

New Years day. They checked everybody on World Drive and if you didn't already have a ticket they turned you away before the parking booths.
The Park was full 20 mins after rope drop and people were waiting outside. Leave the park and you are not getting back in.
People in the other parks told us the same thing happened at Epcot and DHS.
The ride times were hours (I remember 510 min for Splash :jawdrop: and 120 mins for the TTA :arghh:) and if you hadn't pre-booked a resteraunt you got to wait in line 45 mins to an hour for "quick" service at Cosmic Ray's)

Going for Christmas = Awesome
Going for New Year = You really, really got to want to.

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies...I actually booked my trip today...60 days out lol. Started looking for FP's around 10 am and was able to snag FoP twice along with everything else we wanted( Splash, Space, Big Thunder, ToT, RnRC, Test Track and so on...)

I'm excited and hopeful, but also know what to expect...hope to see some of you there!

Upvote 0

John Dulmage

Thanks for all the replies...I actually booked my trip today...60 days out lol. Started looking for FP's around 10 am and was able to snag FoP twice along with everything else we wanted( Splash, Space, Big Thunder, ToT, RnRC, Test Track and so on...)

I'm excited and hopeful, but also know what to expect...hope to see some of you there!
So where did you end up booking?

Upvote 0

Bam Bam

We are actually going for Christmas this year!! We are so excited!! We will be going to MK on Christmas day because this is a once in a lifetime thing for my family. I couldn't think of a better place to be on Christmas morning. We have our Fastpasses for the day and I have a BOG res. for 2:15! We are going to have to leave to drive back to NC that day so we will probably leave the park around 5. We are beyond excited. Our daughter turns 18 next year and this is probably going to be the last kid vacation as she will be off to college next year. I hope you have the most magical Christmas vacation!!

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

Are you going the week up to Christmas or from Christmas to New Years, we have gone the week up to Christmas (Flew home Christmas Eve) and it really was not bad waits.

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

Original Poster
We are actually going for Christmas this year!! We are so excited!! We will be going to MK on Christmas day because this is a once in a lifetime thing for my family. I couldn't think of a better place to be on Christmas morning. We have our Fastpasses for the day and I have a BOG res. for 2:15! We are going to have to leave to drive back to NC that day so we will probably leave the park around 5. We are beyond excited. Our daughter turns 18 next year and this is probably going to be the last kid vacation as she will be off to college next year. I hope you have the most magical Christmas vacation!!
That is too funny! I'm going for the exact same reason, my only child turns 18 six weeks after Christmas in Feb 2018! We have fast passes for space, splash and big thunder that morning:) I hope u all have a great time too

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

That is too funny! I'm going for the exact same reason, my only child turns 18 six weeks after Christmas in Feb 2018! We have fast passes for space, splash and big thunder that morning:) I hope u all have a great time too

Ours are for Dumbo, Little Mermaid, and Peter Pan and we have BOG reservations for breakfast. Our daughter is 15 years younger though,LOL. Maybe we'll see each other there and awkwardly stare at each other for a minute trying to figure out if we want to say hi and risk it not being the right person or walk away without embarassment :hilarious::hilarious:

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Ours are for Dumbo, Little Mermaid, and Peter Pan and we have BOG reservations for breakfast. Our daughter is 15 years younger though,LOL. Maybe we'll see each other there and awkwardly stare at each other for a minute trying to figure out if we want to say hi and risk it not being the right person or walk away without embarassment :hilarious::hilarious:

If you yell out ...Courtney! I'll respond, promise lol

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom