Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

misterID

:mad:

I hear they're making a new "It" for the SyFy channel.

EDIT: I watched it again, and can't leave it posted... Ughhh..

This would be a great addition to the FLE :D

lownalo

Then the question may be, IF there is a new ride that is going to be built, will it be an addition to an already scheduled section to FLE (for example a BandB ride to go along with BandB section of FLE) or will be a completely different franchise? IF it is a new franchise to FLE, how does it fit with the overall theme? I personally think it would be cooler, and possibly easier to add to an already scheduled franchise to be part of FLE.

mhaftman7

First of all, IT is great. Screwed me up for life with clowns. FOR LIFE! Would love to see it at Disney (and scared at the same time. Ha) But as far as a new ride. I imagine it would have to be a current theme. How could you fit into that area without completely taking out TTF. A good angle for the FLE ride would be to make an E-ticket that involves a villain. Make it Gaston's ride etc. That way you attract non princess seekers as well.

dhall

If it's not a thrill ride, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a dark ride. it could be, for example, the Paris Slinky Dog ride themed to Alice's catapiller (doubt it). Someone threw out an idea for the Carsland baby tractor ride system but with pink elephants on parade theming (really cool idea, but doubt it). (Heffalumps & Woozles would work too) Could be the air bumper cars themed to mushrooms, Pocahontas' leaves blowing in the wind, or even the thistle ballet from Fantasia (doubt it). Heck, it could be the Silly Symphony Swings themed to Rapunzel's hair (doubt it).

What could be done with the Maliboomer/Toy Soldier parachute drop, or with the Zephyr thing, or with the Jumping Jellyfish system based on any of the characters or settings already in the park?

While I doubt the mine train coaster (even though it's my favorite concept), if it did come to pass, I'd expect more along the lines of Raging Spirits than of Barnstormer.

I think from the hints provided that the M&G's are being consolidated somewhere -- maybe into the Tremaine Manor location, maybe somewhere else. There's not a lot of room, thogh, between B&tB and the castle area for a dark ride showbuilding and enought theming to really hide it nicely. I think there's another ride coming earlier in the plans than later (the mine train would come later in a remote location), if only to maintain capacity while Dumbo is moved.

---

Things that won't clash with the fantasy forest theme:

1) Alice in Wonderland
2) Neverland/Pixie Hollow
3) Robin Hood
4) More Pooh
5) Sword & Stone

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
"What do you know about the beans?!?!"
nasty-beans-s.jpg

Sorry...too obscure?:D

We're all babbling on about "New Fantasy Land this" and "New Fantasy Land that"....I predict that Shanghai Disney Park Adventure Area will open with a TRON motorcycle ride that will be insanely popular. I also predict that it will take the place of Country Bear Jamboree in MK. I also predict that an obscure Marvel property (either Fish Police or Guardians of the Galaxy) will become an incredibly popular movie franchise and either be inserted into the Great Movie Ride or UoE. Finally, I predict that Fiji will be the next country in WS.

Edit: Hey, not a bad find for a summer afternoon in 2017. I should repost.

Last edited:

michael valles

I guess this question is aimed at Juan and Lee, but can u at least tell us who the demographicis that the new attraction in the fle will be aimed at. i.e. teen boy, tween, etc?
Secondly, can we at least expect an announcement before the year is up?

Will this addition be on the level of a little mermaid attraction or more like a d attraction?
thanks. this is so much fun.:drevil:

Lee

Adventurer
I guess this question is aimed at Juan and Lee, but can u at least tell us who the demographicis that the new attraction in the fle will be aimed at. i.e. teen boy, tween, etc?
Secondly, can we at least expect an announcement before the year is up?

Will this addition be on the level of a little mermaid attraction or more like a d attraction?
thanks. this is so much fun.:drevil:

Broad appeal. Most guests will like it, far more than the mega-M&Gs.

I still don't know it's type or theme.

aladdin2007

Well thats good news will be something families of all ages can enjoy together. Lee what about ripping out snow white and consolidating all the M&G's in there? Could that indeed happen or is that just a far fetched rumor.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

For the average park guest that goes once every ten years and has no clue that there is such a thing as a Disney message board, I really don't think it matters. For maybe the smaller number of people that are regular return visitors that keep abreast of such changes, if they were to put something in that was a relatively new idea (i.e., not a play area, DVC stand, gift shopt, or M&G) I think most people would be happy.

MissK

For the average park guest that goes once every ten years and has no clue that there is such a thing as a Disney message board, I really don't think it matters. For maybe the smaller number of people that are regular return visitors that keep abreast of such changes, if they were to put something in that was a relatively new idea (i.e., not a play area, DVC stand, gift shopt, or M&G) I think most people would be happy.
Don't forget those of us who are huge fanatics, post on the boards but may not have the ability to visit for reasons xyz! I'm not the targeted demographic for this by any means but you bet your seashells I will look at everything at least once when it finally opens. I'm postponing my trip for this :)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
We're all babbling on about "New Fantasy Land this" and "New Fantasy Land that"....I predict that Shanghai Disney Park Adventure Area will open with a TRON motorcycle ride that will be insanely popular. I also predict that it will take the place of Country Bear Jamboree in MK. I also predict that an obscure Marvel property (either Fish Police or Guardians of the Galaxy) will become an incredibly popular movie franchise and either be inserted into the Great Movie Ride or UoE. Finally, I predict that Fiji will be the next country in WS.

Edit: Hey, not a bad find for a summer afternoon in 2017. I should repost.

Not 100%, but some thread drifts aren't all bad.

The Lochness Monsta

It definitely needed to change from it's original concepts. Boys and girls should be able to enjoy themselves in each land.

But I do think they could have made Dwarfs a more thrilling ride. Making the ride so short really is a failure in my book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom