Stage at Studios

ThunderLover25

I happen to know someone that used to work at Disney and she said that Disney did not make gay day it is just when all of the gay people come. The week is the first week in June and if any one has herd something different then please tell me.

uklad79

ThunderLover25 said:
I happen to know someone that used to work at Disney and she said that Disney did not make gay day it is just when all of the gay people come. The week is the first week in June and if any one has herd something different then please tell me.

They didn't "make" it they rent out the park to a guy that puts on a clubbing night. Disney get paid to open the rides and provide the staging facilities.

brertigger

uklad79 said:
They didn't "make" it they rent out the park to a guy that puts on a clubbing night. Disney get paid to open the rides and provide the staging facilities.

How much does Disney charge per hour for renting out a ride?

Blizz

brertigger said:

I don't know about Disney but I have helped rent out Six Flags Great Adventure. That was around $55,000 just to open the park and the rides for two hours. That didn't include the food and shopping locations, games, security, or entertainment (lighting, audio, staging, video, etc...)

Also, for the person who asked about attendance at the studios... It's doing great at the moment. This past weekend when I was there it was packed (Memorial Day + Star Wars Weekends = Craziness!!!)

I too saw the stage and none of the CMs I asked knew what it was for, but now I know.

The extra magic hour they had Wednesday night at the studios saw around 10,500 guests. Thankfully they had 11,000 wristbands on hand (Disney knows how to cut it close!).

EMH at the studios is a joke though, there is not enough to do once you leave Sunset... but thats just my thought.

brertigger said:

Per hour? Couple thousand per ride. Diffrent rides have diffrent costs.

They also have some nice catering set ups they can do... inside The Great Movie Ride and the line for Tower of Terror (other places as well).

CatLady

After hours events aren't uncommon at the parks, and MGM is especially popular for those. Does anyone know whether they plan fireworks for the night event? I miss the MGM fireworks, and the only time you see them any more is for park buy-outs and for holidays like New Year's.

I don't know what it costs to do a park buy-out for MGM, but I read they expect 140,000 people to be in town to participate Gay Days. That's plenty people to reasonably pay for a private event like that.

mkepcotmgmak

you all should see the show that MK puts on for McDonalds every year - they rent the entire park, and you wouldn't believe how much entertainment they bring in. you couldn't walk five feet in the park without running into a character! the decorations and everything were great!

LostNametag

That's sad that no CM's knew what the stage was for when they were asked. Even in our little ghetto area at the freakin back of the park- we know what its for!
Oh, and we have a word for when the park has 10- 15,000 people in it- Dead. 25 and 30 mins wait for Coaster and Tower is nothing. I've loved working this week, even with SWW going on. It's been pretty slow and that means more time with the Guests and not being too rushed. Hopefully tonight will be great in that area. I work until 11. Party on! :D

ISTCrew20

It was called "One Mighty Party", and tickets were $81 a person.

Around 9pm last night, we were going to PI and fireworks started going off. Epcot and MGM are very close, but it looked like they were coming from Epcot. The shells used though, looked NOTHING like those used in Illuminations. What time were the MGM ones?

Piebald

Last night was .....interesting..... at work. :lookaroun

Many things I can't disclose on this 'family friendly' board :eek:

JROK

mkepcotmgmak said:
you all should see the show that MK puts on for McDonalds every year - they rent the entire park, and you wouldn't believe how much entertainment they bring in. you couldn't walk five feet in the park without running into a character! the decorations and everything were great!

Last month McDonalds held a big event at Universal Studios. They had 3 or 4 stages with performers on them all night long. One of the bands was "World Classic Rockers" which is made up of a bunch of members of Foreigner, Steppen Wolf, Santana and a few other groups. Also, about every performer Universal has was there, including Mardi Gras performers. It's a big gig and a lot of fun to work because McDonalds brings children with them, unlike some of the other groups that rent out the parks.

Do you know if they still had an event at MK this year? Or did they change over to Universal?

uklad79

Piebald said:
Last night was .....interesting..... at work. :lookaroun

Many things I can't disclose on this 'family friendly' board :eek:

What do you mean? Don't tell me you saw 2 men kiss?? God forbid such things should go on at WDW :rolleyes:

I am sure the night was great and everyone that went had a good time.

uklad79 said:
What do you mean? Don't tell me you saw 2 men kiss?? God forbid such things should go on at WDW :rolleyes:

I am sure that it was a lot more then "two men kissing" that he couldn't disclose on the board... LOL... when I worked for Disney I saw some rather interesting things as well, and "two men kissing" was not the type of thing I am referring to. Lets just say... check out the posts about the cheerleader weeks and use your imagination for any other blanks you need to fill in....I would just hate to be one of the people in the control room watching the cameras for the rides. FYI- When you feel like doing something naughty in the park there is a 99.9% chance a cast member will see you doing it... whether they want to or not. :lol:

Piebald

uklad79 said:

:rolleyes:

Oh yes excellent of you to assume that I am some big homophobe working at Disney of all places. There was use of drugs and some whipping out of the "organ" (not the type you see in Haunted Mansion mind you). Trust me, it was funny and awkward, but inappropriate to say the least. :kiss:

uklad79

Piebald said:
:rolleyes:

Oh yes excellent of you to assume that I am some big homophobe working at Disney of all places. There was use of drugs and some whipping out of the "organ" (not the type you see in Haunted Mansion mind you). Trust me, it was funny and awkward, but inappropriate to say the least. :kiss:

Well surely as that is breaking the law you should have reported them to security who would then I assume get the police involved? I am supprised the police didn't have a presence at a big dance party. Or do the police not care about stopping drug takers?

Piebald

We informed management about the man who exposed himself and as for the drugs, it was more of a matter of as long as they aren't doing anything absolutely preposterous, then just "put up" with it considering the fact that this wasn't simply a few remote cases but more like a LOT of cases. One guy who was frantic and rude and obviously on something was reported though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom