Stadium Stage Show Challenge 1

RedFurredCadet

Original Poster
Hello again, and I know this was recently inspired after the slew of stadium-wide games ceremonies (okay, not Disney related obviously, but I'm very hesitant to drop hints :eek:) but here's a challenge I have devised for this section.

Now let's imagine that WDW (or somewhere similar) has got a stadium of its own for large scale concerts and theatrical shows (don't worry about the size or the looks though), oh and probably borrowed for the odd sports event or two :confused:

So suppose we're all drafted to compile a large theatrical show, massive in scope, for a major anniversary pertaining to Disney history. Our theme for today will be the celebration of EPCOT Center's past, present and future. I know you can let your imaginations run wild, but it's also a good idea to look back on the most memorable aspects of long gone attractions. Sketches, anecdotes, thoughts, even verbal storyboards (written stories) etc. are welcome in this thread pertaining to how you think the large theatrical show will go. The durational maximum, we'll suppose, will go for 3 hours together (halved, of course, with a 40min intermission).

So, everyone interested in this, good luck!

ZaneB

I think it should open with Dreamfinder singing his song while flying on his baloon thingy over the stadium, connected to a zipline type thing. On the parts figment talks, a spotlight points him out in different locations in the audience.

RedFurredCadet

Original Poster
Wasn't this pretty much the basis for the Encore concert two years ago?
Apparently I'm not that familiar with it, but if you have any further explanations, then feel free to tell me. I am all ears ;3
I think it should open with Dreamfinder singing his song while flying on his baloon thingy over the stadium, connected to a zipline type thing. On the parts figment talks, a spotlight points him out in different locations in the audience.
Assuming the stage show is in separate acts (I'm estimating 15 to 20 mins per act) it's actually a fitting introduction to one of the shows, a full fledged homage to Imagination and it's legacy. Yes, interpretive dance and amazing props may be involved, plus you could have audience members wearing the glow ear hats (probably cater to those bringing their own), which might result in some dazzling lighting effects throughout the audience area during the show. Bright colours, astounding patterns and image homages can appear as well.
Perhaps different segments – influential ideas that changed the world, largely thanks to imagination. That would make for an excellent basis for one act within the show. :) I'll compile a list of aspects or pavilions which could somehow deserve an involvement in the show. Anyone else?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom