St. Pattys Day?

nthebulln7

Original Poster
So anything special go on in the world for the Irish extravaganza? Ill be down there for that weekend and was just curious if they do anything cool.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So anything special go on in the world for the Irish extravaganza? Ill be down there for that weekend and was just curious if they do anything cool.
I'd bet Raglan Road will be one heckuva party! :D

smiley.gif

maryszhi

im an irish dancer so that day is the bus. of the year. i am hopefulling leaving for disney the day after....so ill celebrate disney style then

Mikester71

We were there last year for St. Patty's Day and I know Downtown Disney was nuts that night. My brother and I were going to meet up and have a few drinks, but we never did find each other because it was nuts down there. They had live Irish bands playing and leprechauns walking around handing out beads; it was really cool. We were in MK that day and I don't remember seeing them do anything really that out of the ordinary, other than maybe more green being worn. :shrug:

WDWRLD

We were there fot St Patricks day about 5 years ago. We were eating lunch at Rose and Crown and I had never had a "Black and Tan" and seeing how my good old Bud Light was not offered I figured I give it a try. Dark room temperature Green beer.............Needless to say im not a imported beer drinker!:hurl:

FriarTuck&Roll

A Black and Tan is usually not served warm at Epcot, but it should not be colored green. (I personally dont like the food coloring in any beer on St Patty's Day).

And yes DTD was extremely busy. There were extra outdoor beer vendors at Raglan Road. There was a few concerts at the Waterfront stage at PI

goofyfan13

A Black and Tan is usually not served warm at Epcot, but it should not be colored green. (I personally dont like the food coloring in any beer on St Patty's Day).

And yes DTD was extremely busy. There were extra outdoor beer vendors at Raglan Road. There was a few concerts at the Waterfront stage at PI

Yea, Guinness is supposed to be drank at a really cold temperature, just as most beers are. So my guess is something was wrong with the tap. Thats the only thing that makes sense.

I agree 100% about the food coloring in beer as well. Not for me, however, that doesn't mean I won't be downing a pint o' Guinness or two (or an undisclosed amount:lol:) on St. Patty's day. :D

ImaYoyo

Yea, Guinness is supposed to be drank at a really cold temperature, just as most beers are. So my guess is something was wrong with the tap. Thats the only thing that makes sense.

I agree 100% about the food coloring in beer as well. Not for me, however, that doesn't mean I won't be downing a pint o' Guinness or two (or an undisclosed amount:lol:) on St. Patty's day. :D
Goofyfan, are you in the armed forces?

Kristamouse

Do any of the character have some St. Patty's outfits, like at Christmas, Halloween and Easter? Green White clovers would be cute on Mickey.
My GrandPa was born in Waterford Co. and always told us St. Pattys day wasn't that much of a drunk fest in most of Ireland b/c it is in the middle of lent. Is that true, did know if any of our international posters would know?

ImaYoyo

Thanks for the kind words! I find out in a couple weeks if I get to go to pilot training or not, so I'm going to be a nervous wreck for a while...:lol:
Well best of luck to you and no matter what happens, be safe! I've got 2 friends from college, 3 cousins, 1 uncle and one friend from High School all in Afghanistan, and I'm thankful everytime I hear from them.

goofyfan13

Well best of luck to you and no matter what happens, be safe! I've got 2 friends from college, 3 cousins, 1 uncle and one friend from High School all in Afghanistan, and I'm thankful everytime I hear from them.

Thanks! Best wishes to your friends and family in the military! :wave:

Fun2BFree

My GrandPa was born in Waterford Co. and always told us St. Pattys day wasn't that much of a drunk fest in most of Ireland b/c it is in the middle of lent. Is that true, did know if any of our international posters would know?

No, it seems that the main group of people in Ireland itself that get smashed on St Patrick's Day normally do the same every weekend at nightclubs anyway. Actually, even though I do live in nationally-confused Norn Iron, I've always been a bit embarrassed with the fervour the Americans treat the whole festival with. Guess it's another case of being more Irish than the Irish themselves. :lol:

Kristamouse

Thanks Fun2BFree! I always wondered what St. Patricks day was really like in Ireland. My Grandfather and our family are devout Catholics and do not drink during lent. I though he could have been a bit swayed when he would tell us about St. Patricks Day. He told us he would usually go to Church twice, once at school and once with his parents. Then his Mom would make a special dinner, and not always corned beef and hash. That was about it, no green hats or green beer or green anything but arm bands.
My son's pre-school is St. Patricks and they are having a party to celebrate. I wish my Grandpa was still here to go with him and sing some of his homeland songs with his beautiful accent.:cry: Trust me that accent suck out here in KY. Our accent is a just a little different. (KY is in the Southeast/Midwest area of the US. I don't always know other nationalities geographies that well)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom