SSE reopening?

Skyway

Original Poster
There's been lots of conflicting info on SSE's final re-opening.
Anyone know if its today, tomorrow, or later?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
LAst i checked, the website said 14th wass the last day or refurb (aka, it opens tomorrow) but CM's where saying something along the lines of 19th (i didn't dawn on me at that moment they weren't saying what the refurb calendar was saying so i didn't close attention).

I'll be there Sunday, barring unforseen circumstances, so i'll at least let you know what's going on then. Last thing i heard was also somehing about either the grand opening or the press hoopla or something happening March 1st, with some sorta display or relaunch or something.

cdunbar

O good just in time for the Spring Break crowds, poo, but I must give Disney Kudos they have timing down to a science! Accept for the HM this summer, but heinsite is 20/20

mousermerf

Account Suspended
O good just in time for the Spring Break crowds, poo, but I must give Disney Kudos they have timing down to a science! Accept for the HM this summer, but heinsite is 20/20

I wouldn't say it's down to a science yet.. SSE is running way behind schedule, and if it doesn't reopen tomorrow that's another delay.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
There's been lots of conflicting info on SSE's final re-opening.
Anyone know if its today, tomorrow, or later?

I went and bugged about 5 different people all with varying levels and attachment to the sphere (from being inside it possibly right now, to 5 hours ago to last month to last year to never) and they concluded it'll be open tomorrow.

aladdin2007

Hoping tomorrow reveals a positive outcome with an improvement or enhancement of some kind. :sohappy: oh wait I guess I should really use :shrug: beacuse we just dont know. But I feel :sohappy:.

jt04

Hoping tomorrow reveals a positive outcome with an improvement or enhancement of some kind. :sohappy: oh wait I guess I should really use :shrug: beacuse we just dont know. But I feel :sohappy:.

Everyone should keep in mind that the HM refurb is continuing with a major new upgrade just last week (spooky :eek:). So I plan to "wait and see" no matter what I hear when SSE reopens. I'm convinced that sooner or later they will bring all of SSE up to standards incuding relocating the tombstones. Just my opinion.

EPCOT.nut

Everyone should keep in mind that the HM refurb is continuing with a major new upgrade just last week (spooky :eek:). So I plan to "wait and see" no matter what I hear when SSE reopens. I'm convinced that sooner or later they will bring all of SSE up to standards incuding relocating the tombstones. Just my opinion.

:lol::lol::lol:

You put HM and SSE in the same paragraph and I read this as they are relocating the HM tombstones.

:eek:

Jerm

I am sure SSE will get some nice upgrades as it goes along, they have not gotten this type of bad feedback since Rock'n Space Mtn. out here in Ca.

Laura

Premium Member
I am sure SSE will get some nice upgrades as it goes along, they have not gotten this type of bad feedback since Rock'n Space Mtn. out here in Ca.

I'm astounded that it's gotten any bad feedback. The ride is incredible now. A hundred times better than the previous version. I would have gone on it 10 times if I'd have had time. The descent is completely hysterical. You can hear everyone around you laughing their heads off. I think it's one of the best refurbs I've ever experienced.

Jerm

The descent is completely hysterical. You can hear everyone around you laughing their heads off. I think it's one of the best refurbs I've ever experienced.

I don't think they really planned for that to be that funny. While the climb is great and really well done, the end is like watching one of those silly e-mails you get around the holiday time where they cut your head out and put it on the dancing elf. IMHO it takes SSE from being a iconic attraction like HM/POC/JC/AA to just "an attraction" like Buzz/the dark rides/Stitch(ok maybe not that bad).

aladdin2007

*crosses fingers and prays glitter city returns.*

Im with you Epcot Explorer, however I am not expecting this to happen sadly, but I think there will be something that wasnt there before.
Is someone going to be there in the morn to report for us? pretty please?

EPCOT Explorer

*crosses fingers and prays glitter city returns.*

Im with you Epcot Explorer, however I am not expecting this to happen sadly, but I think there will be something that wasnt there before.
Is someone going to be there in the morn to report for us? pretty please?

I know...but I can dream right?

Perhaps the SSE model/fiberoptic swoosh will be back?

I'm astounded that it's gotten any bad feedback. The ride is incredible now. A hundred times better than the previous version. I would have gone on it 10 times if I'd have had time. The descent is completely hysterical. You can hear everyone around you laughing their heads off. I think it's one of the best refurbs I've ever experienced.

And no offense, Laura,but most of us want SSE to be a bold and dramatic story of Human History,if not communication.While the cartoon might be cute,it really dosn't belong on SSE or in Epcot(for the most part.)

I will keep mandating however,that "It could be worse" and we should be thankful the entire ride isn't a screen or narrated by Stich.:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom