SSE Refurb Extension?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
A little birdie says the Spaceship Earth Refurbishment will not end November 1st, but rather November 13th (reopening Nov 14th).

Thoughts? Speculation?

Imaginationeer

I actually mentioned this as soon as the refurbishment was announced, although i was told if they can not finish by the first, they will be allowed until November 22nd.

mickeysaver

Dangit! :brick: I was hoping to ride it on my birthday, which is November 2nd. I wanna shoot the bird!

.....so to speak. :eek: Maggie

Enigma

Account Suspended
They should keep it closed for however long it takes to make SSE into the very best attraction in Epcot Center.

PintoColvig

I'm with Enigma. They can take a whole year if they need to just as long as it's a kick-booty attraction when they are done with it. After the desecration of the Imagination pavilion, I'm slightly concerned with this refurb though I'm hopeful of the result.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
It's reassuring to know they've gutted and redone SSE the same way twice before. Both resulted in beloved versions.

Enigma

Account Suspended
But they've already put Mission: Space there. :shrug:

mission:space can be bulldozed and very few would miss it.

What I meant was out of the current crop of Epcot attractions...the revamped SSE should stand head and shoulders above the rest. Which wouldn't really take much.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's reassuring to know they've gutted and redone SSE the same way twice before. Both resulted in beloved versions.
Not quite gutted.... `86 was a 4 day modification, `94 was more of a `removature` of items and the addition of a few more.

Another 2 weeks of the rehab.... either it`s good news or a refusal to pay overtime :D

Beauty_Belle

I agree with others, take the extra time to get it right. No sense throwing things together just to have it out by a certain dates.....Especially since we all want a good show at the end! The first ending was with TV's and the one before the rehab seemed very blah and thrown together.
The only thing I really miss is "Tomorrow's Child." I LOVED that song (thankfully they put that song on a CD last year)!
I'm really hoping for a good score and an interesting new story line, though I did love the old one.

WDWFigment

What I meant was out of the current crop of Epcot attractions...the revamped SSE should stand head and shoulders above the rest. Which wouldn't really take much.

I don't know, I think Mission: Space has been fairly well received. But I do understand the general tone of your comment. For me, Mission: Space just lacks some of the character necessary for a classic attraction. This is more of an intangible concept, so I won't elaborate too much; the ride basically feels like a simulator with some lazy space theming. The only cool theming aspect is the homage to Horizons.

That said, I still think plenty of people would miss it...

palmage

I'm one of those few.
How can you dis Mission Space???
It is the best ride at Disney, not just Epcot but all of Disney.

Well maybe It's a Small World is better........................

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom