SSE Jewish and Arab Scholar Scene

TheBeatles

Original Poster
Has the background of this scene been covered up? I've been on SSE several times over the past few months and I can't help but feel like there is a wall covering up what used to be behind the Arab and Jewish scholars.

Am I imagining this?

Yankee Mouse

I can't answer the question because I haven't been on it in over a year, but I would love for them to change this scene, or at least the narration. To suggest that the only thing that Arab and Jewish scholars offered was a "backup system" for Western knowledge is insulting and misleading. They did a lot more than simply hold onto Western knowledge during the Middle Ages.

timoteo

Like astronomy, mathematics, engineering, architecture, irrigation technology , art, medicine, philosophy, science, commerce? That tired stuff.

rct247

The backwall behind the Arab and Jewish scholars sitting on the floor is actually a huge sliding panel to access the building's elevator system. As far as I know, that hasn't changed since the attraction was built. The wall decor may have changed, but it isn't covering up something a guest would see, only a backstage elevator.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom