Trip Report Spring Trip To WDW

Hello Friends,

We are about 24 hours away from flying off to be at the Most Magical Place on Earth.

This was an unplanned trip. After our last WDW trip this past December, we were planning on doing a Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise in October, and then do our annual trip to WDW in early December. But real life (i.e. work) schedule got in the way and we had to cancel both of them. So in early January, when we realized that we had to cancel those trip, but found that we had a week of free time in April, we made our last-minute plan to go. So here we are!

Unlike our past trips, it won't be a big group going from the Chicagoland area. It will be just the two of us this time, and we are planning on a quiet, relaxing trip, mainly because we both will have some work to do during our vacation. Oh, don't get us wrong, we will still have fastpasses to go on Mine Train, Flight of Passage (twice), Slinky Dog, etc... etc. It is just that I've also planned on a couple of days with no fast passes, no reservations, and just chill out.

On this trip, we have plans to do a DVC Dining Package at The Wave (followed by drinks and desserts at Top of the World Lounge), and we also have accepted the DVC invitation to their reception to look at the Riviera Resort. So we will have at least those to do.

Donald, as always, is already set to go. He did give me a dirty look when I put him on top of the pile in my suitcase. It was him telling me that he's not going into the suitcase. He always travels in my carry-on, and he won't have it any other way.

As always, whenever I have the chance, I'll try to report live from where ever I will be. And now, I only need to survive just one more day at work....

Zz.

Last edited:

ZapperZ

Original Poster
We are back at our home at SSR. While we initially planned on staying for Illuminations, we got tired and decided to call it quits after the Gran Fiesta. So now we're resting and snacking and cleaning up and watching TV. I definitely needed a shower after that long, hot day.

Tomorrow it will be DAK. Our first fast pass doesn't start till Noon, so we're going to be taking it easy in the morning once again.

Overheard today at the Moroccan pavilion while we were grazing on the food:

"Dad, what kind of food can we get at Morocco?"

"Oh, Moroccan food? It is like Indian."

I had to stop myself from yelling "Oh no it isn't!"

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning!

A rather overcast morning here. Donald thinks it might rain, so he’s gearing up for a good swim.

Today we will be doing DAK. Our first fast pass is at noon for the safari. Not the best time to do this since it will be warm and the animals will be inactive. But maybe we can see a few 2-legged creatures doing the wild Africa trek. That was such a fun activity, and we plan on doing it again soon.

Zz.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
All caught up!!

I'm eager to hear your review of the Wave dinner/ TotW dessert & drinks package, as I'm doing that in June and have no experience at either!

Love all of your pics with Donald. This time of year is beautiful at Epcot!

ZapperZ

Original Poster
In line to order food at flame tree. What’s the point of highlighting mobile ordering when it doesn’t work? It has been down all day so far.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom