Trip Report Spring Trip To WDW

Hello Friends,

We are about 24 hours away from flying off to be at the Most Magical Place on Earth.

This was an unplanned trip. After our last WDW trip this past December, we were planning on doing a Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise in October, and then do our annual trip to WDW in early December. But real life (i.e. work) schedule got in the way and we had to cancel both of them. So in early January, when we realized that we had to cancel those trip, but found that we had a week of free time in April, we made our last-minute plan to go. So here we are!

Unlike our past trips, it won't be a big group going from the Chicagoland area. It will be just the two of us this time, and we are planning on a quiet, relaxing trip, mainly because we both will have some work to do during our vacation. Oh, don't get us wrong, we will still have fastpasses to go on Mine Train, Flight of Passage (twice), Slinky Dog, etc... etc. It is just that I've also planned on a couple of days with no fast passes, no reservations, and just chill out.

On this trip, we have plans to do a DVC Dining Package at The Wave (followed by drinks and desserts at Top of the World Lounge), and we also have accepted the DVC invitation to their reception to look at the Riviera Resort. So we will have at least those to do.

Donald, as always, is already set to go. He did give me a dirty look when I put him on top of the pile in my suitcase. It was him telling me that he's not going into the suitcase. He always travels in my carry-on, and he won't have it any other way.

As always, whenever I have the chance, I'll try to report live from where ever I will be. And now, I only need to survive just one more day at work....

Zz.

Last edited:

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Good morning! It is an overcast morning today. And thanks to @Darstarr , it will rain in the afternoon while we are at DAK.

We plan on a late outing today. Prob won’t leave to DAK till after lunch.

View attachment 365979
Yep. Here at MK. Hope to leave before the rain hits. Sorry!
(As we were driving in last night, as soon as I booked a hotel close to wdw and we turned off 95 it started to pour!)

ZapperZ

Original Poster
We managed to do It's Tough To Be A Bug and FoP at DAK before we bailed out. We were at DAK last Sunday already and did the same thing.

The only problem this time is that Bug had no grasshopper animatronics. The corner where the grasshopper comes out was dark. Very disappointing. This is the 2nd time that we have witnessed this, and if I were a first time viewer of the show and I got told of this later, I would feel cheated.

As for FoP, I think the time it takes in that first room, where you got paired up with an avatar etc. has been getting longer and longer and longer. The supposed delay due to something not working properly got rather annoying. I'm guessing that this has a lot to do with having the guests setup and running in the actual ride itself, but that's just a blind guess.

Because of the heavy rain, we're going to stay in this evening. It gives me a chance to catch up on work and lounge around. We have a 10:30 am fast pass at DHS tomorrow for Toy Story Mania! Yea!

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning! It’s a gorgeous but chilly morning. The rain yesterday certainly cooked things off.

Today we go back to DHS. We have fast passes to toy story mania and ToT. Then we’ll figure out what we want to do the rest of the day. It should be sunny, but the high will only be 70, my kind of weather!

Zz.

Dizknee Gal

Looks beautiful weather wise! Crowds don’t seem bad today by your pictures, but I could be wrong. So glad you are enjoying your vacation!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom