Spring Break Visit

Wendymom65

Original Poster
So we were thinking because of school and dh's work schedule to pop down to WDW during Spring Break....now we have been to WDW in June (before kids) and we went last Sept. (with kids age 2,5 then). Both times were hot, lots less crowds (except weekends) in Sept. both times lots of rains. From your experience is it just a nightmare during spring break???? Or is it a little better than summer, little worse than Sept. but weather a lot better. The only other time we would have would be Christmas break which might be worse????

Thanks,

smilez4011

I've been down twice befroe for spring break and I'm going again this coming year. I really enjoy that time of year at Disney. The crowds seem to be less then during summer and the weather is extremely comfortable. (Although normally too cold for the water parks).

tigsmom

Went went Easter week the other year (1st week of April).
The weather was beautiful...high 70's .
It was crowded, but nothing like July or August. There were lines for the most popular rides, but they weren't unmanageable. Fast Pass all you can. We drove down and the traffic was terrible, but we stayed on property and never left until it was time to come home.
When the kids were smaller we could go whenever we wanted, but now we have to work around school schedules.:brick:
I've been in Sept...still hot, January...chilly, it got to 27 degrees one night! Feb was better as was March, but then the spring breakers arrive and it gets crowded again, but nowhere near as bad as the summer.

Hope this helps. :wave:

s25843

I went in April of this year and then again in August... Even though August was hot I think it was much less crowded than it was during April... During April you get many school groups and such which brings the attendance up...

Yellow Shoes

From what I've read, Spring Breaks are spread out through a 6 - 8 week time period.

Here in the midwest, they are usually in March. I have always had spring break during the week that contains St. Patrick's Day.

Other school districts tie spring break to Easter.

Still others have them at quarter break, or whenever.

I would think that this would make the March/April crowds a little more manageable than the Christmas crowds; everyone has the week off between Christmas and New Year's.

We went in late March for Spring break and it was VERY crowded. I had a CM describe it as "Hell Week". At one point it took about 20 minutes to pass in front of IASW. MK was overcrowded and they shut the gates down one day due to max occupancy. The other parks were not as bad but they were crowded. We decided to skip it this year.

Originally posted by tigsmom
I think we missed all that because we went after Easter.

You must have. I think we were there the same time that Orlando was on Spring break. My favorite time is still October. Good weather, less crowds, and MNSSHP. My kids go to "year round schools" so the get a 1 1/2 weeks off in Oct. so this makes a great time to go.

Wendymom65

Original Poster
Of course there is always taking the kid out of school (I know I have family that are teachers!!!!!) But if we could avoid it I would like to...that was a great thought about how the spring break is spread out and at Christmas every school kid has off.....but is it mainly families with school kids or college students or a mix? I know in Sept. it was mainly the Europeans, some Easterners who had year round school and were out for break and families with small pre-school kids.

DanStat

We always go on spring break. I don't really think crowds are that bad, but like other people said, it depends on when you go. I would suggest going during this time, however.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom