Spotted at Hollywood Studios -- Whose or Who's?

Laura

Premium Member
Nothing drives me more crazy than the misuse of homophones. "Your" & "you're" confusion is my number one peeve and there's hardly anyone left in the country who can get that one right anymore. Of course "whose" & "who's" is another "super hard" one. :rolleyes:

Without the OP's explanation, I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people on these forums wouldn't have a clue what was wrong with the shirt, based on the trend of atrocious spelling & grammar I've seen around these parts. My favorite ever was when someone wrote "walla!" instead of "voila!". :lol: I will never hear that word again without laughing.

If it sounds write than it must bee spelt write! :lookaroun

Disney4Eva

"Your" & "you're" confusion is my number one peeve and there's hardly anyone left in the country who can get that one right anymore.
Oh LORD, don't get me started on that....
I saw an announcement board at my freakin' BANK that got it screwed up. Nice way to show how professional you guys are :hammer:

But yeah, if I had seen that shirt in person, I would have been ranting about it all day. No question.

dreamfinder

Spell checker would have no made no difference on the shirt. "Whose" is indeed spelled correctly, just not used properly. Perhaps a grammar or an English language checker would have been more suitable. Does make you wonder though. How many people saw that and signed off on it before it made it to print and then to the store...

Maryssa*

I'm actually quite shocked that got through with how picky the merch buyers are. Sometimes dealing with them is really scary, gives my boss a bit of the crazies over minor minor things!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom