Spoodles or Flying Fish?

disneydawg

We're staying at BWV in July and are planning on hanging out at on the Boardwalk one night. None of us can decide between Spoodle or Flying Fish, any comments would be helpful.

WendyOkada

They're both good - but different

We love staying at the BWV, I hope you have a GREAT time! We always make it a point to eat at Flying Fish for one dinner - they always have really good food (their menu changes periodically - I'm not sure if it's a seasonal thing or what), but we've never been disappointed. My cousin especially loves this "Bananas Napoleon" dessert and my favorite dish is the salmon...

But, that said, we also enjoy going to Spoodles for breakfast - it is all you can eat (so if you eat very light then it might not be worth the money) but they have this Pizza del sol that is really good and a nice assortment of breakfast items and I think you can get hot food made to order (omlettes, etc.). We've eaten there for dinner once too but I didn't care for it as much (it has a Mediterranean flair and I'm not a huge fan... :) ) But please don't take my word on this one - wait to see what other people say they like about it before you make your decision.

The atmosphere in both restaurants is wonderful so you can't go wrong there... the Flying Fish is a little more upscale feeling - whereas Spoodles feels very homey and comfortable... like being in Tuscany or somewhere European.

In any case, you probably won't be disappointed. Enjoy! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Ijones88

If you like crab cakes try FFC, theirs are made with little filling, something like 90% crabmeat....overall, a very nice resturant and one of our favorites! We also enjoyed Spoodles, but not as much.

Upvote 0

Maria

I haven´t dined in FF, but loved the food in Spoodles... I am used to lebanese food at home, and it had been a while since I didn´t eat it while I lived in Orlando, so it was delicious for me. I can´t remember the name of what I ate, but I am sure I had humus and some other things, kinda like what you have at Tangerine Cafe in the Moroccan pavillion. :slurp:

hahaha! I just read the menu for dinner and my mouth watered! I don´t remember having any of those main courses, so I am sure they have changed since I was there, but they just sound delicious now! :slurp:

Upvote 0
This may seem a bit redundant since my cousin already posted, but the Flying Fish Cafe is our personal favorite. The Banana Napeleon is awesome. That said, it seems that Spoodles has more variety in their items. That may be beneficial as well...

If you haven't already, check out http://www.wdwig.com. They have recent menus from every restaurant at WDW. That may help as well...If you do check out menus, remember menus change often.

Well Good Luck and happy eating:D

Upvote 0

Katherine

We did FF but I haven't done Spoodles. I loved FF though! It was very good food and I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant because there is so much to look at! Hope you have a great time!

Upvote 0

Seano846

We just ate at the Flying Fish four days ago and the food was great. We sat at the counter in front of the grill/ kitchen and the chef's slipped us a few goodies. I've eaten at just about every sit down restaurant in WDW and this is definately in my top Five.

Upvote 0

PAFAN

I have been going to WDW for business for over six years. I discovered the Flying Fish on an early tour. I never miss the opportunity to eat there. I agree with an earlier post that you should sit at the Kitchen bar. It is far and away my choice for the best dining experience at WDW. the wait staff si well trained, and attentive. They are anxious to see that you ahve a great meal.

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

you won't go wrong with whatever decision you make! :) I have only been to Spoodles, and we go whenever we visit the Boardwalk... I've never been to FF... but I'll have to give it a try after reading how great they are there too! Enjoy whatever you decide! :)

Upvote 0

gmboy95

Spoodles to me is a bit too loud for the kind of prices that it serves....it has that wispering canyon cafe feeling, with california grill prices....my vote is the flying fish

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Well do you want seafood or pasta?

We stop at both on every trip. Both have unique atmoshperes, both have great menus, and both have pretty good wine cellars. We've never been disappointed at either.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom