Spontaneous Disney/Uni Pre-Trip Report

Hi everyone! I've done a trip report before, and thought I'd give a pre-trip report a try!

Back in October, my friend and I decided to plan a Disney trip in January. She hasn't been back to WDW since our College Program in 2007. We decided on a weekend and both asked for the time off. Then she had an interview at work and might not be able to go.

Fast forward to two weeks ago. I get a call from my friend and the conversation goes like this:

Me: "Hey Josephine!"
J: "Hey Emily! Remember when we planned to go to Disney at the end of January?"
Me: "Yeah"
J: "Still want to go?"
Me: "Of course!"

And then we started planning. Since we're both poor-ish college students we wanted to do this trip as cheap as possible. Luckily, we still had our friends that worked at Disney! We started talking and she had recently read and watched all of the Harry Potter books/movies. So we decided to go a bit crazy and hit Universal as well!

We each called around and started looking for flights. I lucked out on my Southwest flight to MCO. The website had a flight for $94, but when I tried booking, it would give me a compatibility error and said the lowest fair is $134 now. I took a chance and called Southwest. The agent informed me they were in the process of pulling the lower fare, but "let me get an override for ya".

Everything is officially booked now, and I'm excited for a few firsts on this trip!

The plan:

Flying down to Orlando after work next Friday and getting in late. Picking up our rental car (a first for me!) and heading to stay at Loews Royal Pacific Resort (also a first!).

Up early on Saturday we'll head to Magic Kingdom to kick things off.

Sunday we'll hit up Universal.

Monday and Tuesday are wherever we feel like going in Disney World.

Flights back on Tuesday night.

That's our moderately vague plan for our upcoming trip to Orlando! I'm super excited (as always). Just as long as the snow holds off, I'll be VERY happy!

Now, soes anyone have suggestions for quick off-site breakfasts? I'm hoping for a place to grab an egg sandwich or something. So maybe a Panera or Dunkin type of place?

Thanks!

sam_disney

sounds like a great trip!

My mum and dad stayed at loews pacific when they went in January last year and they loved it.

They offered a buffet breakfast- my mum says it was quite pricey but worth it.

Have a lovely trip!! xx

PolynesianPrincess

We just did a similar long weekend type trip back in November. It was short, but worth it to cure the Disney blues before our next long trip :) Hope you guys have a blast!! :wave:

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
sounds like a great trip!

My mum and dad stayed at loews pacific when they went in January last year and they loved it.

They offered a buffet breakfast- my mum says it was quite pricey but worth it.

Have a lovely trip!! xx

I didn't know they offered a buffet breakfast! We'll have to look into it when we get there. Thanks for the tip!

We just did a similar long weekend type trip back in November. It was short, but worth it to cure the Disney blues before our next long trip :) Hope you guys have a blast!! :wave:

Oh, its definitely just a fix until my family's big October visit! I say any Disney trip is worth it though, lol.

I'll be sure to post pictures when I get back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom