SPOILERS: The Mandalorian S1 Chapter 7

RobWDW1971

And apparently the Force can now heal people or something - after 42 years of Star Wars we know have this concept because JJ needs it for his Ep 9 nonsense. Sure, why not. Oh, and Captain Kirk didn’t die because Magic Blood - or something.

erasure fan1

Loved the episode. This should be one heck of a finale. I wonder if the Mandalorian will keep IG11 out of respect for Kuiil. And that starts his turn to start trusting droids. I do hope we get to see the last part of the flashback in the final episode and we see who takes out the battle droid. I can safely say, I am really not ready for this season to end.

Tanna Eros

Things can change! It's just the way he was speaking about The Child at the end, it didnt seem like he wanted to kill him.
He probably has memes as his wallpaper, has had the yotini at local bar, did the paper cutout ornament for his holiday tree....He's too grand to have to wait until April like the rest of us.

I love this show, all the episodes. This episode, it was a small moment, but Mando asking Kuill to fix the stroller made me like Mando more.

mf1972

i was expecting IG11 to come out of the ship guns blazing when the biker troopers were closing in at the end. that would’ve been cool.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
We half hoped it would have been Kylo Ren coming out at the end, could have finally made him sinister.

Now I dont believe they want to hurt The Child, but rather make him a Sith Lord.

I looked over at my son and said "Kylo?!?!" when the Tie opened up.
~10 after ROTJ . . . Would Kylo even be around? If so, wouldn't be still be Ben Solo?
Yeah, I was not even thinking about that. However, when my son saw all the storm troupers coming off the transport he commented "I wonder if this is where the First Order starts."

Edit to add..... And My Wife and Daughter decided that sleep was more important and that they could watch this episode later.... LOL!!!!!

Joesixtoe

And apparently the Force can now heal people or something - after 42 years of Star Wars we know have this concept because JJ needs it for his Ep 9 nonsense. Sure, why not. Oh, and Captain Kirk didn’t die because Magic Blood - or something.
Artoo waddles over to were Luke lies crumpled in a heap and begins to whistle and beep his concern. Ben puts his hand on Luke's forehead and he begins to come around. From the script..

Strange! An old man had frightened them off. He bent down beside the fallen boy. Then he touched him. It was a gentle touch. Yet it seemed to have the power to open Luke’s eyes. Luke found himself gazing up at the kind face of the hermit, Ben Kenobi... young readers adaptation of a new hope..

I just think as these films and tv shows evolve, we will see more and more force powers.. I bet the new Kenobi show will have him do force powers we didn't see back in the day as well. I think it's a bad idea cause it just contradicts everything, but then again the fights in the Originals(more so ANH) aren't as action packed as the ones following. Meaning they feel the need to always make things better and more over the top than the last so it keeps our attention. I'm just for good storytelling and I think the rest will fix themselves.

Joesixtoe

Oh my god it was so good!!! We learned how great his powers are.

I felt so bad when the of the animals got lifted away by those bird things.

We half hoped it would have been Kylo Ren coming out at the end, could have finally made him sinister.

Now I dont believe they want to hurt The Child, but rather make him a Sith Lord.

I have spoken. I guess goodbye?

SAVE BABY YODA!!!
I think its 5 years after the RotJ and thus Ben Solo is just a little small guy during these times.

RobWDW1971

Artoo waddles over to were Luke lies crumpled in a heap and begins to whistle and beep his concern. Ben puts his hand on Luke's forehead and he begins to come around. From the script..

Strange! An old man had frightened them off. He bent down beside the fallen boy. Then he touched him. It was a gentle touch. Yet it seemed to have the power to open Luke’s eyes. Luke found himself gazing up at the kind face of the hermit, Ben Kenobi... young readers adaptation of a new hope..

I just think as these films and tv shows evolve, we will see more and more force powers.. I bet the new Kenobi show will have him do force powers we didn't see back in the day as well. I think it's a bad idea cause it just contradicts everything, but then again the fights in the Originals(more so ANH) aren't as action packed as the ones following. Meaning they feel the need to always make things better and more over the top than the last so it keeps our attention. I'm just for good storytelling and I think the rest will fix themselves.
Don’t think the implication was Ben magically healed him. And if Jedis have magical healing powers that can bring people back from the dead, that would have come in handy a hundred times of the past 42 years - Anakin saving his mom, Kenobi saving Padme, Luke saving Vader, etc, etc, etc. it’s just lazy storytelling that we shouldn’t try to rationalize.

dreday3

Don’t think the implication was Ben magically healed him. And if Jedis have magical healing powers that can bring people back from the dead, that would have come in handy a hundred times of the past 42 years - Anakin saving his mom, Kenobi saving Padme, Luke saving Vader, etc, etc, etc. it’s just lazy storytelling that we shouldn’t try to rationalize.

Who cares? It's a great series and the writers/directors seem to be having a great time with it. So what if some liberties are taken with Jedi powers. And we don't know he can bring people back to life, just heal. Force Healing is in the games - (so I'm told because I didn't play them)

Joesixtoe

I'm not so sure on OB1 not healing Luke.. but I'm with you, more force powers invented just contradicts previous movies. Yes we shouldn't rationalize it, that's kinda my point.

RobWDW1971

Because they shoehorned in that bit of Baby Yoda being able to heal to tie into the new movie - why do you think the show was released on Wed when every other episode was on Friday?

Look, Jedis are now magical healing gods!!!! See, Baby Yoda can do it!!!

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

I'm not so sure on OB1 not healing Luke.. but I'm with you, more force powers invented just contradicts previous movies. Yes we shouldn't rationalize it, that's kinda my point.
Just watched that scene again - Luke is only knocked unconscious and Ben checks his pulse and touches his temple (which I take as a mind meld to see if he’s OK) and then a minute later he comes to - I was unconscious once and my wife woke me up. Holy crap, I’m married to a Jedi! Nice!

If that’s our foundational evidence for JJ’s magic healing force power that’s even more weak then his Star Trek magic blood.

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

Original Poster
Things can change! It's just the way he was speaking about The Child at the end, it didnt seem like he wanted to kill him.
One thing I haven't seen talked about in any of the discussion I've read is that there seem to be at least two different groups of people looking for Baby Yoda. IG-11 said that "the client was quite explicit" (might not be an exact quote) that BY was to be killed. Contrast that with the group we saw in the same episode talking to Mando where the imperial doctor definitely wanted him alive and Werner Herzog preferred alive, but would take him cold.

dreday3

One thing I haven't seen talked about in any of the discussion I've read is that there seem to be at least two different groups of people looking for Baby Yoda. IG-11 said that "the client was quite explicit" (might not be an exact quote) that BY was to be killed. Contrast that with the group we saw in the same episode talking to Mando where the imperial doctor definitely wanted him alive and Werner Herzog preferred alive, but would take him cold.

Yes, I remember that episode where the doctor wanted him alive too. That's why I thought last night seemed as if he was going to be very important to them - alive.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No

I belive there were force healers in the old expanded universe, just not in the movies. Not sure what's in the new EU as I have not followed it much but it's not an unheard of concept. That being said if the spoilers are to be believed for the new film... well that's a first and im not sure I can get behind that. Maybe I just grew up with the JK Rowling line of thinking that even magic has its limits.

i was expecting IG11 to come out of the ship guns blazing when the biker troopers were closing in at the end. that would’ve been cool.

I have a feeling he will end up saving them in the next episode. They remind us each week that Mando hates droids now here we are with him being saved by one that is avenging his fallen master, showing that they are not just killing machines.

WhatJaneSays

Versions of Force healing has existed since at least the early 2000s in many of the prequel era "Legends" novels. If you want to get deep in the woods a proto version of Force healing has existed since 1978 with Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom