SPOILERS: Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Series

mysto

Ms. Chow let her hair down for this Jedi's Return episode and played with some wild visual direction tricks. Check it out.

sedati

Ms. Chow let her hair down for this Jedi's Return episode and played with some wild visual direction tricks. Check it out.
Did she let it down over the front of her face because that's the only excuse for the downright sloppy handling of so many scenes. Again, I don't hate it, but I can't deny the severe drop in overall production quality that this project seems to have experienced.

Last edited:

Screamface

Did she let it down over the front of her face because that's the only excuse for the downright sloppy handling of so many scenes. Again, I don't hate it, but I can't deny the severe drop in overall production quality that this project seems to have experienced.

It was very incompetently done.

I just have to assume with all the pre-visualisation work done on The Mandalorian. It's just the directors bringing Feloni and Favreau's directing to life.

I suspect this virtual production technique isn't as great and easy as it is made out to be. I suspect Favreau's experience and Feloni's experience with animation probably help navigate and avoid these pitfalls.

There was a lack of respect and hubris to think it was easy. Just look at Robert Rodriguez and The Book of Boba Fett. I am not as harsh on that show as others, but clearly, he dropped the ball. Something just felt lazy about it.

With Kenobi, I think the director was even less up to the task. I think it also gets back to one of the major issues that has surrounded Disney's Star Wars is that there's no one in charge. With the Mando seasons, you have people in charge at the top with creative control. With these other shows you don't.

Right from the start with Kenobi in the Jedi Temple scenes. You could see it was amateur. Then as it went on, the directing couldn't compensate for bad writing. It doubled down.

I also think there's a level of attention to detail and world-building Star Wars needs that wasn't done. The way the Inquisitor base was handled was so poor. No defences at all. That's not Star Wars.

erasure fan1

I Li
I liked Kenobi overall. But yea, it was extremely amateur in a lot places. The funny thing is it seems Andor so far is about as professional as it gets from a production value standpoint. And that's a bit strange considering how iconic of a character Ewans Obi wan is. The only reason I can see is once again, it's Disney/Kennedy prioritizing Disney star wars over George's. Kenobi should have had the most resources of any D+ show so far. There isn't any good excuse as to why so many things looked so bad.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Kathleen Kennedy was asked about a potential second season of Obi-Wan Kenobi -

“That is not an active development,” she said. “But I never say never, because there’s always the possibility. That show was so well-received and [director] Deborah Chow did such a spectacular job. Ewan McGregor really wants to do another. Everybody’s all hands on deck with what we’re doing right now, as you can see by what we showed everybody [at the Celebration]. We’ll turn our attention to that again maybe down the road.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom