SPOILER: Live-Action The Little Mermaid

Californian Elitist

We had very similar reactions it seems, the one exception being our thoughts on Awkwafina. Perhaps I’ll warm to her performance when I rewatch it, which I’m eager to do.

And thank you for making me feel less alone in not hating “The Scuttlebutt”!
I’ve seen the movie with four other people and we all really like “The Scuttlebutt!” I’ll admit it’s a bit awkward in the very beginning, but it didn’t take long for me to get into it. It’s a fun song.

DKampy

I’ve seen the movie with four other people and we all really like “The Scuttlebutt!” I’ll admit it’s a bit awkward in the very beginning, but it didn’t take long for me to get into it. It’s a fun song.
I actually thought Awkwafina was casted perfectly… and while I did not care for Scuttlebutt originally I thought it worked well within context of the movie once I saw it

Phroobar

That is pretty impressive if both the original actors sang the entire thing in twenty languages. Nice sound mixing and editing.

Chi84

Premium Member
I just finished watching The Little Mermaid and loved every minute of it. It may not be a popular opinion, but I prefer the live-action versions to the animated ones. I thought this movie was absolutely gorgeous, with some really nice additions to the musical score. (I loved Scuttlebutt!)

Halle Bailey was perfect as Ariel and the supporting cast (especially Melissa McCarthy) was very strong. The Little Mermaid was always my favorite Disney movie and I wasn't bothered by any of the changes or additions; they were barely noticeable. I thought they were well thought out and appropriate. I'm not sure why it didn't get more people into theaters but I hope it finds its audience at Disney+ because it would be a shame for people to miss it.

LittleBuford

I just finished watching The Little Mermaid and loved every minute of it. It may not be a popular opinion, but I prefer the live-action versions to the animated ones. I thought this movie was absolutely gorgeous, with some really nice additions to the musical score. (I loved Scuttlebutt!)

Halle Bailey was perfect as Ariel and the supporting cast (especially Melissa McCarthy) was very strong. The Little Mermaid was always my favorite Disney movie and I wasn't bothered by any of the changes or additions; they were barely noticeable. I thought they were well thought out and appropriate. I'm not sure why it didn't get more people into theaters but I hope it finds its audience at Disney+ because it would be a shame for people to miss it.
While I myself didn’t prefer it to the original, I’m so glad you enjoyed it. And I’m pleased to have an ally in the “Scuttlebutt” camp!

Phroobar

iu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom