Trip Report Spoiler Alert. No Pandora, but Flowers and Gardens and Waves Galore.

Time for my first trip report!!! Exciting! First off going to tag some people in no particular order. :) @21stamps , @figmentfan423 , @Gabe1 , @betty rose , @littleroo, @Tony the Tigger , @donaldtoo, @Mr Ferret 88 , @Tuvalu , @TheMouseFan , @blgauger , @bee , @Cesar R M , @Songbird76 , @StarWarsGirl , @MinnieM123 , @MOXOMUMD , @ajrwdwgirl , @93boomer , @Courtney6682 , @amjt660 , @Doc Disney , @Goofyernmost @everybody:)

If you haven't read the ptr here is a link to it. :)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/our-hopefully-pandora-thrown-in-f-g-trip-2017.925406/

The planning for this trip May 19-27 started in November last year after I received a precious pin code in my email. I couldn't say no to that. ;)

Eventually I ended up getting a better rate when the AP discounts came out(dh had an AP at the time), so I rebooked for the same resort, The Cabins at Fort Wilderness. :happy:

Who was going: me, dh, and the 4 kiddos(dd15, ds13, dd9, dd6). Who we were leaving at home(3 dogs, 3 cats, 1 cockatiel, and a dear SIL who was housesitting for a price. ;))

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
After sharing breakfast with our web footed friends, we bumped into the Dapper Dans. Got this pic for @ajrwdwgirl dh Brad. :)
View attachment 215260
We were on our way to shoot some space creatures and beat Zurg.
View attachment 215261 View attachment 215262
After Buzz we headed towards a sentimental favorite, COP. I adore watching this old video. :inlove:
View attachment 215263
Caught a glimpse of this robotic dude as we were waiting to go in. No opinion on it as we had no interaction and did not really witness one.
View attachment 215264

Cool thanks for the dapper dan picture

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Tell me more about this veggie loaf.
It was very good. I asked for the recipe, but the cm brought me the ingredient list. I remember it did contain quinoa and gardein chik'n. I loved it until I saw that in the ingredient. I think it contains soy and I try and avoid soy. It was tasty though. The topping was a tomato type sauce. I finished it all. The texture also was. not mushy. So if you have no soy issues, go for it.

PeppermintPatty

Yeah, I know. I had actually forgotten about the incident until I saw dd on the carousel horse when I was posting the pic. Then it all came flooding back out of the crevices of my mind. Baffling. :confused:

Thanks for reading along!!:) I don't think it would even enter my mind to do what she did. I too would give up a certain colored Dumbo, or horse to a child. No clue what that lady was thinking. Not sure if it was gall or just plain stupidity. My bet is stupidity.

I have no idea what was going on in her mind. I truly did not know how to react, but figured that embarassing her by saying what I did would suffice for me at Disney. Of course only her son seemed embarassed. Dh on the other hand probably would not have been as kind. :eek:
Maybe the son is on the autism spectrum and he had to have that particular horse?

MotherofaPrincessLover

It was very good. I asked for the recipe, but the cm brought me the ingredient list. I remember it did contain quinoa and gardein chik'n. I loved it until I saw that in the ingredient. I think it contains soy and I try and avoid soy. It was tasty though. The topping was a tomato type sauce. I finished it all. The texture also was. not mushy. So if you have no soy issues, go for it.
I might have to try that. We actually make fake chicken where I work; I pretty much stayed holed up in my office so I've actually never seen what it looks like :joyfull:

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
I might have to try that. We actually make fake chicken where I work; I pretty much stayed holed up in my office so I've actually never seen what it looks like :joyfull:
I am thinking they use the fake chicken for texture. You should definitely try it. I would have preferred a more ketchup/barbebue type sauce instead of the tomato, but it was still fine. :)

21stamps

I am thinking they use the fake chicken for texture. You should definitely try it. I would have preferred a more ketchup/barbebue type sauce instead of the tomato, but it was still fine. :)

The tomato sauce is the only part that doesn't sounds a tad unattractive to me.. if it's just a tomato flavor then great, but wouldn't be thrilled if it's a heavy sauce.

Figment Forever

Premium Member
After SW, dd6 wanted to go on the carousel. Since it was a walk on we did it. :)

Ok, strange story. You know how little kids eye up a horse and head towards it? Wel. Dd had her horse lined up. We got to the left side of the horse. I started to lift her up. She is little as in only 43 inches. Maybe 44 with crocs on. ;) As I was lifting her ( I am just 5' 2"), I noticed a woman standing right by the right side of the horse. She went to me and said that she and her son wanted that horse and the one next to it which was at the end. I can understand that maybe because I am short and dd tiny she didn't see us. Dd was on the horse at this point. Her son, I noticed was over 6 feet tall :jawdrop: and an adult in his 20's. I rolled my eyes internally :rolleyes:and said rather loudly."dd6, this lady wants to sit on this horse so we can find another one." Her older son was visibly embarassed and told his mother that they should find other ones. This was not an issue since the carousel was empty. I was seriously baffled by this woman. If I wasn't such a non confrontational person I am sure I could have truly made a scene, but that is not me, and I was on vacation to have fun and go with the flow. :)
View attachment 214881

A similar thing happened to me and my daughter on the carousel too! It does amaze me sometimes how rude people can be. Good for you for not letting it spoil your fun! Enjoying your TR - thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Here is a shot through the Land farmhouse window as we walked out. :)
IMG_1519.JPG

We decided to got to Universe of Energy before it would be removed. Had been there last when we just had 2 kids, so it had been awhile. The kids all liked it. :)
IMG_1521.JPG

I wish my impatiens grew like these. :D
IMG_1523.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Last Day. May 27:(
We had a bright sunny morning in Epcot. We arrived for rope drop.
IMG_1592.JPG

We really enjoyed The Jamminators. The crowd gave them thunderous applause.
IMG_1593.JPG

We all carefully walked ;) to Test Track.
IMG_1594.JPG

One of our cars. I think it was dd9's.
IMG_1596.JPG

Dd6 is afraid of the truck in TT, so she always covers her eyes and asks me to tell her when it's over so she can open again. :) She technically misses seeing half the ride. She only reopens her eyes when the car is ready to go out on the track. :)
IMG_1597.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
After TT we took a nice quiet walk to France.
IMG_1598.JPG

I think my lense was fogged up for this picture. Sorry.
IMG_1599.JPG

If only it could always be this quiet, right?
IMG_1600.JPG

Breakfast today consisted of a baguette, a chocolate croissant, a strawberry tart, an unseen creme brulee, a brie and sandwich, and a beignet. The beignet is different than the POFQ beignets. It is a donut filled with chocolate custard. I didn't really care for it. That was the first item I did not enjoy at Les Halles.
IMG_1601.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
It was still quiet after we were done eating. :)
IMG_1602.JPG

A better picture of the International Gateway area. :)
IMG_1603.JPG

Missed the monorail, but it is a gorgeous view nonetheless. :inlove:
IMG_1604.JPG

We were headed to Imagination to visit Figment. My two younger dd's really love it for whatever reason. :confused:
IMG_1605.JPG

You can't tell, but dd6 is skipping to Imagination. Dh, dd15, and ds13 sat this one out. They have no fondness for the ride. :rolleyes:
IMG_1606.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
We then went on dh's and my favorite ride at Epcot. The greenhouses were calling us. :)
IMG_1613.JPG
IMG_1616.JPG

After The Land we walked to the playground.
IMG_1617.JPG
IMG_1619.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG

They always do a nice job with this play area. There was some rabbit droppings near the jungle gym area. :eek:Dh and I informed a CM and lickity split someone came to clean it up. :)
IMG_1621.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom