Splitting Hotel Stay

Hi once again,

I am now plannoing for my Dec. 2005 trip..and i want to stay and the Grand FLoridain, but i dont have the funds...So im gonna plan on staying at the Coranado Resort for the first six night...and the grand Floridian the last six night.......Okay here the question.....

Who of you have done this (splitting srays between two resorts), and what were your experience with it....any tips or info would be nice......aAnd thank you in advance

....ANd have a Disney Day!!!!! :wave:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have taken care of this for clients before and it works out fine. Disney takes care of moving the luggage so you don't have to worry about it. I have not heard a single complaint from any of my clients who have done this.

Pam

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Doesn't really get any easier, actually. You just throw your stuff back i your suitcases and brand new WDW plastic shopping bags, and Disney takes it all to your new hotel for you! You leave Coronado in the morning, head off to the parks, and then hop the monorail back to the Grand Floridan at the end of the night.....then go to bed.

Have an awesome time!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I have done it before, and it works out pretty well. Disney is very accomodating for people who are splitting their stays. They will help you move your bags from one hotel to another with no problem at all. The hardest part was packing everything up after getting settled in to one place for a few days. You get everything set up in one resort just to move it all to another. If you don't mind doing that, then it really isn't hard at all. Disney is very helpful to guests that are switching resorts through their trips.

Upvote 0

Smee

We do this every trip, usually stay at 3 different places. Last time did C-Beach, Beach Club, and W-Lodge. They make it very easy. As previously stated just pack your stuff, call the bellman and tell them your next resort and take off. Your stuff will be there when you get back to your new resort later. It usually takes to about 2:00 PM for the luggage to arrive at the next resort.

Upvote 0
J

joviacdan

As everyone else has said, Disney is AWESOME about this.

On my last trip, we stayed at 3 different Disney resorts. It was the first time I had done this. We left All Star Movies after 3 nights for Old Key West. They took our suitcases from there and brought them over (along with us as well since it was the day of Hurricane Frances) to Old Key West. We stayed there for 5 nights, then they picked up our luggage and brought it right to our room at Pop Century.

VERY accomidating.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

We have done this with good results as well.

One tip that I would suggest is to pack a small duffel bag for your one night stay...that way you don't even have to open up your other suitcases. I do this and it makes the switch so much easier and more organized!!

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

One question though...where do you check out?
Do you have to check out of the 1st hotel and then again from the second?
Or do you just do one check out when your trip is over?

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Jedi Osborn said:
One question though...where do you check out?
Do you have to check out of the 1st hotel and then again from the second?
Or do you just do one check out when your trip is over?

You do have to check-in and check-out of each individual hotel.

Upvote 0

missypie

We're going to do 5 nights at YC and 5 at the CR. I know I'll hate the packing and unpacking, but I wanted to try both resorts.

Try to remember to bring some kind of cooler if you're going to want to transfer food from one fridge to another.

Upvote 0

Alexandra

We've done it before and will be doing it again this summer. As everyone else said, Disney makes it very easy for you. The best part about it for us is that it feels like an entirely different vacation when you make the switch! It's like you're starting all over again and the difference in resort experience seals it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom