Split stay?

Rista1313

How do split stays work?

I originally wanted sept 16th-24th POP Century for the free dining, but could only get the 17th-24th. Depending on how much the flights are, I may want to add the 16th, but it would have to be at a different resort because POP is sold out. So how exactly do split stays work? Does my TA put it on my original reservation, or is it a separate reservation?

Rista1313

Original Poster
It's a separate reservation. It may make more sense to book a room only the night before depending on what time your flight gets in

Pam

Thanks... that's what I was thinking.... depending on WN... if the flights are cheap monday night, then we will need a 1 night stay, if they are cheaper Tuesday (typical) then we are already golden. Now it's hurry up and wait for the WN window to open for September....

Upvote 0

imsosarah

We do this all the time. They will transfer you luggage from one resort to the other - you leave it and head to park and just return to your new hotel and your stuff will be there. They will not drop it in your room, but still its pretty great. One thing to note - you don't have to add the dining plan on to the extra night. You can just book a room.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

We do this all the time. They will transfer you luggage from one resort to the other - you leave it and head to park and just return to your new hotel and your stuff will be there. They will not drop it in your room, but still its pretty great. One thing to note - you don't have to add the dining plan on to the extra night. You can just book a room.
Great tip on not adding dining for the extra night! In addition, you can begin using your dining credits the next A.M.

Upvote 0

imsosarah

We actually sometimes will do a split stay specifically for the dining option. We can get 3-4 nights of dining plan and book our really expensive meals on those days then the more casual stuff on the other portion of the trip. We usually do dining on first half and use our snacks leftover to buy bagels, donuts, snacks, etc for the other days we are there. It makes the dining plan so worthwhile.

Like @Dad 2 M & M said - they start working early am even if you are in your other hotel and don't end until midnight you check out - even if you checked in elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

We actually sometimes will do a split stay specifically for the dining option. We can get 3-4 nights of dining plan and book our really expensive meals on those days then the more casual stuff on the other portion of the trip. We usually do dining on first half and use our snacks leftover to buy bagels, donuts, snacks, etc for the other days we are there. It makes the dining plan so worthwhile.

Like @Dad 2 M & M said - they start working early am even if you are in your other hotel and don't end until midnight you check out - even if you checked in elsewhere.
And, you can grab and begin using the mug that next A.M.!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Be aware that if you add a room-only before a package, although your FP booking window will open at 60 days before the room-only stay, your tickets will only be valid from the start of the package.

And with the new date-based tickets, you can no longer activate the tickets early. So you would not be able to visit the parks on your arrival day, unless you buy a one day ticket.

Upvote 0

Rista1313

Original Poster
Be aware that if you add a room-only before a package, although your FP booking window will open at 60 days before the room-only stay, your tickets will only be valid from the start of the package.

And with the new date-based tickets, you can no longer activate the tickets early. So you would not be able to visit the parks on your arrival day, unless you buy a one day ticket.

Right... got it... thanks!

Upvote 0

Dave B

How do split stays work?

I originally wanted sept 16th-24th POP Century for the free dining, but could only get the 17th-24th. Depending on how much the flights are, I may want to add the 16th, but it would have to be at a different resort because POP is sold out. So how exactly do split stays work? Does my TA put it on my original reservation, or is it a separate reservation?
See if you can book prior to the date, for example sept 14-24th, or sept 12-24, etc....then you can call after and have them adjust to the days you are looking at wanting.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom