Split Stay 3 hotels?

YJbates

I'm in the process of booking a DVC rental split stay at 2 hotels for a Nov trip from Sat to Sun. I have secured the second part of my DVC split stay at AK for Wed-Sun, but The first stay dates keep getting pushed back because of a lack of availability. I'm now down to 2 days Mon-Wed request at the Poly. If my Poly dates get accepted I would just need to book Sat-Mon reservation direct with Disney.

Is it worth waiting for the Poly reservation to come through or just book the first part of my stay Sat-Wed (Wilderness Lodge) with Disney and be done with it? I don't mind the moving from place to place. How will this effect fast pass and ADR plans?

I know that I will need to link my park tickets for the length of my stay to my first reservation and will not be using the dining plan.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm in the process of booking a DVC rental split stay at 2 hotels for a Nov trip from Sat to Sun. I have secured the second part of my DVC split stay at AK for Wed-Sun, but The first stay dates keep getting pushed back because of a lack of availability. I'm now down to 2 days Mon-Wed request at the Poly. If my Poly dates get accepted I would just need to book Sat-Mon reservation direct with Disney.

Is it worth waiting for the Poly reservation to come through or just book the first part of my stay Sat-Wed (Wilderness Lodge) with Disney and be done with it? I don't mind the moving from place to place. How will this effect fast pass and ADR plans?

I know that I will need to link my park tickets for the length of my stay to my first reservation and will not be using the dining plan.

Fastpasses will have one booking window for the whole time.

ADRs will have separate booking windows for each reservation.

Upvote 0

YJbates

Original Poster
Thanks for the input everyone. I'll probably just cancel my Poly request and book the Wilderness lodge. 3 hotels does seem a bit much for a week. We have never stayed at the Poly before 😏

Upvote 0

Simba’s Mom

Thanks everyone! I'm not the OP, but I also am/no, WAS considering a 3 way split in September over 10 days. The first 6 days are at BCV in a studio, then the second and third are both at AKL-Jambo, but in different room sizes-2 days in a studio, then 2 days of more room in a 1 BR. Same hotel, but I'd still have to pack and move. I decided it's not worth it to save points, so I'm going to splurge at AKL and do a 1 BR for all 4 days. That way I only move once.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

You could leave your request in for the Poly for the first half, and if you are cash paying for the first part at WL and get the Poly, I believe you could just cancel the WL (if you cancel within the required window).
Anyone on here feel free to correct me if that is not feasible.
We are DVC and did one split stay a year ago, and I did not care for it at all. (Some people love split stays to explore different resorts, etc.).
We had to have DVC help get our dining for the entire stay. Our dining plan was not recognized on day of dc/check in. We did not like the whole packing/unpacking, it was a mess.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom