Split Check Fee

Gran Fiesta

Original Poster
I have a question, I have a party of 3 and we just ate at Biergarten in Epcot and this is the first time we have ever eaten at a table service restaurant at Disney world. Our party was me and my wife and then my brother. We were splitting the check to be 2 of us (me and my wife) together and then my brother separate and the waiter said no problem. At the end he gave us our checks and told us he waived the split check fee this time for us. Is there normally a fee to split checks at the table service restaurants? I just want to know because we have other table service reservations this trip and I just want to plan accordingly. Thanks for help in advance!

Gran Fiesta

Original Poster
Never heard of that happening at WDW, or anywhere.
Okay thank you! We must have all heard him wrong but we even asked him if he could repeat what he said and it sounded like he said again “I went ahead and waived the split check fee.” He was wearing an N95 mask and I know from experience that sometimes it’s hard to hear correctly through that so it was probably just a mistake on our part.

Gran Fiesta

Original Poster
Could also have said it just to make it sound like he did you a "favor" and in return thinking you might give a little extra in his tip.
If I had heard it my first reaction would have been he was trying to be funny or sarcastic
Both of these thoughts ran through our heads as well. He did seem 100% serious but it could have definitely been a joke.

UPDATE: Ate at Be Our Guest and split our check with no problems whatsoever. Must have been a joke or a mistake on all of our hearing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom