Splendid China closing for good

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
Today will be the last operating day for Splendid China, a low-key park which has been in business for 10 years, reports the Orlando Sentinel website. It's closing because of low-attendance figures and not making enough money, according to their official site.. I use to always see it advertised in Orlando, but in the past few years I never see it advertised. I've only visited twice but it seemed like a nice place. It was more of a scenic park, and the Great Wall replica was cool. Sad to see it go though.

BRER STITCH

It's always sad to see a business close.

However, this is a great opportunity for something else to open that the public may actually want to see! :lol:

I had never been to Splendid China, nor did I ever anticipate wanting to go.

Information available about SC indicates that it takes up 60 or so acres of land,with - GET THIS - 300+ more acres around it that the Chinese Tourism Industry also owns.

Anyone know of a major entertainment operation in town just a short monorail ride away that's looking to expand??? :lookaroun

In any event, hopefully money earned from the sale of this place will not be used to crush the Civil Rights or safety of anyone....

:lookaroun

MrPromey

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Reports are that attendance had dropped to 200-300 people per day.
Actually, I think that 200-300 is what they needed to cover their costs. I think that they were having trouble getting even this many people to the park…

Epcot is my fav

Yea i live right near there and im sad to see it go because it was quite over the last 3 years...now they are goin to make something that is goin to attract people and make more traffic for me to get to my house (because i have to pass the entrance to get onto my road)

ISTCrew20

I went there for a field trip once in elementary school. It was a big waste of time. I remember a bunch of really small stuff, and chop sticks...Then I remember, after we saw the whole park in under an hour, we were doing cartwheels on this giant mat thing they had in the front of the park:veryconfu

AliciaLuvzDizne

weird
last year when we were down there, we stayed right by Splendid China. We went to Outback for dinner and the waitress told us it wasnt open anymore...this was in may. maybe it was a seasonal thing for a while?

Security

I've driven by and around SC many a times and never once had any interest in going there. I was told that attendance had dwindled to WAY lower then what they needed and it was impossible to keep it running with the very low income they were recieveing.

The up side is that there is a chance something cool may come in! Hopefully not a 600th strip mall :lol:

cloudboy

Last October I was in he area, and I swung by one morning to shcek the place out. There were maybee 10 cars in the lot, and I got up and walked around the entrance area. There was NOBODY there. I eventually saw one worker in the gift shop/ticket counter. It was almost interesting simply because it was like being in a world after civilisation had left.

I then discovered I had locked my keys in the rental car and had to wait two hours for AAA to come. Oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom