Splenda

tigsmom

Splenda is just plain nasty to me. If you want to try something that will make your tea sweet use the all natural Stevia. You can find it in health food stores in convenient packets. It's all natural and very sweet.

Give it a try :wave:

But not good for diabetics...don't know if the OP is one or not.

tigsmom

As a diabetic you can have Splenda. As a pregnant women you can have it, but you can't have Sweet-N-Low.

Now I haven't been pregnant in 12 years, but they didn't want us having Equal then either. Luckily I wasn't diabetic at the time or I would have had major problems. :lol:

kachow

I don't really want to get into a huge debate, but I would consult your doctor before greenlighting Splenda while pregnant. There are several studies accesible via the internet that claim sucralose has harmful long-term effects. Obviously, all these studies are debated, and at this point it's all going to come down to what people want to believe, but I just wanted to temper the blanket statement that it's ok for pregnant women to consume Splenda, when I really don't think we know if that is true or not.

Tiggerfanatic

Original Poster
But not good for diabetics...don't know if the OP is one or not.
Nope - not diabetic, just a chronic dieter!!:lol: Anyway, hubby won't use the pink stuff, but he does like Splenda (at least it will dissolve, unlike regualr sugar.) I make my tea unsweetened, then everyone can sweeten to taste. Between the two of us, we can go through a gallon of tea a day, and that was adding up to a lot of sugar!!
I've noticed more and more restaurants offering it - it is more expensive, so I do always carry some in my purse. I'll probably pack some, just to be on the safe side.

By the way, thanks to all for answering my original query!!

tigsmom

I don't really want to get into a huge debate, but I would consult your doctor before greenlighting Splenda while pregnant. There are several studies accesible via the internet that claim sucralose has harmful long-term effects. Obviously, all these studies are debated, and at this point it's all going to come down to what people want to believe, but I just wanted to temper the blanket statement that it's ok for pregnant women to consume Splenda, when I really don't think we know if that is true or not.

Its never a bad idea to check with one's doctor, but in my area Splenda has been greenlighted for use during pregnancy, its the sweetner of choice (over Sweet & Low & Equal). My ob-gyn even has samples and coupons.

Again...to each his own. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom