splash mtn.; did u know...

disneymagic16

Original Poster
did ya'll know that on splash, close to the 3rd drop<i think> that if u look at the possoms shadow on the left wall they look like upside down donald ducks!:drevil:

Pixie_dust

I read once..on hiddenmickeys.org(I think),that there's a sign on the big drop and you have to read it before all the water splashes into your face.Has anyone else heard of this?

Fantasmic

There is a Mickey silhouette in the rock just before you plummet.

There is a Hidden Mickey in the clouds in the Welcom home scene.

There is a Hidden Mickey made out of 3 fishing bobbers just before the double drop into the laughing place.

There is a Fred Flinstone side profile in the mountain if you look at SM from BTMRR's Exit ramp.

Did you ever Notice that you NEVER see Br'er Fox's ears?

There is a lamp on the load area that flickers on and off when your boat is ready to go, or has to be stopped.

The drop is 52.5ft high, with a incline of 45 degrees and a speed of 40mph.

It is 89ft to the Top of Chick-A-Pin Hill.

When Br'er Rabbit shouts, "Please, don't fling me in that Briar Patch" JUST as you crest the lift hill, you can hear Br'er Bear say "Briar Patch?"

The SM site is 9 acres.

Song of the South, which Splash Mountain is based on, was banned in America for being to Un-PC

Chape19714

There are possums just before the Laughing place, and if the leko (spotlight) is on, there is a hidden mickey formed by the shadow of thier claws on the right wall. It's kinda hard to explain, but it's definately there.

WDWparadetech1

Chape19714 said:
There are possums just before the Laughing place, and if the leko (spotlight) is on, there is a hidden mickey formed by the shadow of thier claws on the right wall. It's kinda hard to explain, but it's definately there.

You call them leko's. We call them ellipsoidals. And that light should always be on, unless i forgot to change the burnt out lamp. (Im also a lighting technician). And yes we have a special effect in that light called a "gobo" that makes that shadow.

demento57

I gotta get me some Disney gobos :p

For a good laugh, watch someone change a lamp in a Leko and touch it with there skin. Then when it pops they freak out lol.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chape19714

You call them leko's. We call them ellipsoidals. And that light should always be on, unless i forgot to change the burnt out lamp. (Im also a lighting technician). And yes we have a special effect in that light called a "gobo" that makes that shadow.
It's a GOBO!??! That's a little dissappointing. I'm a lighting apprentice, so I know what you're talking about :wave:. Leko is just an easier nickname for me to use. :lol: I just normally don't talk like that cause my friends get mad and never understand what I'm saying...Actors :rolleyes: :lol:

Thanks for the gobo insight!

WDWparadetech1

I'm hearing them called source4's a lot more these days. I usually just call them by the degrees.

well there are many different types of ellipsoidals.

Source 4's (S4)
Shakespheres (Shakes)
Altman 3.5Q Series
Altman 650Q Series

Source 4's are a product of ETC. The rest are products of Altman.

Source 4's come in 5, 10, 17, 19, 26, 36, 50, 70, 90 degrees

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom