Splash Moutain Rehab Update (Photos)

I can tell you that those cannon are always under scrutiny. They want to make them hard enough to get guest wet but they cant make them to hard.

When the week of foot incidents occurred last year they believed it was b/c the cannons were pushing out to much water and soaking the log to much.

When the bridge cannon was turned back on in November (not totally sure on the date) they had some much power on it, it was overshooting the bridge. They turned it down and it was easily noticeable when the cannon was on b/c the parade route would be wet and that caused a safety hazard to the characters.

Also when the bridge cannon is turned on it will sometimes spray a little back into the first lift hill and set off sensors on A lift. Therefore the ride has to be stopped and a CM has to run up to this drop and check it out. Not good show, and has to stop the ride.

Thats just my two sense.

LPK

IMG_5349.jpg
Is that a worker on the middle right side of that photo? :veryconfu Just above the bridge wall. :\

bgula

We were there at the end of October and rode it several times, but it was on our last ride (Oct. 28?) that we found out that they had reset the cannon just before going back into the mountain and we got SOAKED! I've never seen so much water come down. The days previous to that it was just normal.

Thanks for the pictures; it looks like the rehab is coming along nicely!! It will be interesting to see some of the new results on my next trip!

"You can't run away from your troubles...ain't no place that far."

bayoutinkbelle

I was in MK on Sunday and noticed some painting going on. I snapped a quick picture, so I'll add it here. It's not the best since I was facing the sun, but ...

Attachments

• Splash sprucing.JPG
    Splash sprucing.JPG
    379 KB · Views: 98

disnyfan89

I was at the parks yeasterday and they had filled up the ride with water and where testing the boats. It was only about five in a row and the water was not running down the drop. Later I went on the train and behind the trees before passing BTM there was alot of boats sitting around that had arived from central shops.

sweet!!! New Boats. I'm so ready to get back to work. So many of our boats were SO nasty. I'm glad that we got new ones or they got a serious cleaning on them.

mikesoccer40

Fantastic Pics

Thanks for the pics, love seeing a little behind the magic or how things work to create the mystery.

I hope that all the moving parts inside have been fixed and that all the animatronics are spiffed up and ready to interact when it is reopened.

One of my family's favorite rides, glad to see it get the attention it deserves

wbt06

i have never really gotten wet on sm but when i went 5 days before crhristmas for a one day 4 park insanly exosting trip with my brothers we where soaked from head to foot. i was happy it was like 80 out but man what was that about the jet was aimed right at us. i thought that the ride used to splash the bridge but noticed the last couple of times it had missed the bridge completly

Mansion Butler

i have never really gotten wet on sm but when i went 5 days before crhristmas for a one day 4 park insanly exosting trip with my brothers we where soaked from head to foot. i was happy it was like 80 out but man what was that about the jet was aimed right at us. i thought that the ride used to splash the bridge but noticed the last couple of times it had missed the bridge completly

The bridge cannon hasn't had the strength to hit the bridge consistenty in a while. When it is on, it just drenches the boat going under it. Not pleasent.

The bridge cannon hasn't had the strength to hit the bridge consistently in a while. When it is on, it just drenches the boat going under it. Not pleasant.

No not really. The bridge cannon doesnt soak the people under the water. Its more of a misting. The cross fire cannons however are what we like to call the super soaker's.

sknydave

I was at the MK yesterday and everything was running nicely (except for the cannons, which were off.) Looks like everything is ready to go for the re-opening!

I felt bad for all of the people who saw the water and boats running and thought the ride was open and would head over to the entrance only to be turned away :(

Hammer1310

I know it's supposed to be open today but I want to say how bummed I was it didn't happen earlier. We were there from the 19th to the 26th and got excited when we saw the water running just before the Pirate and Princess party on Friday (thought they might give us an extra gift). Unfortunately I'll have to wait another year for my beloved rabbit. I'm still glad they're doing the work. It needed the TLC.
:cry:

Space Mountain

We were there at the end of October and rode it several times, but it was on our last ride (Oct. 28?) that we found out that they had reset the cannon just before going back into the mountain and we got SOAKED! I've never seen so much water come down. The days previous to that it was just normal.

Its supposed to shoot at you going back into the mountain every time a log goes down the main drop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom