Splash Mountain Trashed Boats

mergatroid

Why are so many people bringing food onto Splash Mountain in the first place? This is weird.

I thought that but I guess people are weird. I was trying to figure why you'd have a piece of toast on it and where you'd have got the toast in the first place? I remember seeing some guy pocketing food in the Crystal Palace breakfast one year but even so it's a bit of a walk from there to Splash (including it's winding queue) to have it pocketed, only to then discard it on the ride? Some strange folk around is all :oops:

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
I thought that but I guess people are weird. I was trying to figure why you'd have a piece of toast on it and where you'd have got the toast in the first place? I remember seeing some guy pocketing food in the Crystal Palace breakfast one year but even so it's a bit of a walk from there to Splash (including it's winding queue) to have it pocketed, only to then discard it on the ride? Some strange folk around is all :oops:

They might have brought it into the park.

Last edited:

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
Gotta make that FP+ window.

I don't know if Splash Mountain really needs a FastPass+ One time I went to the Magic Kingdom during the RunDisney weekends and it only had a 5 minute wait. This was the time I found the orange peel.

Even weirder

Michelle "Bradley are you ready, we're setting off to visit Disney World?"
Bradley "Hang on Michelle, I've got to make some toast to go"

It definitely wasn't toast from Crystal Palace or any of the restaurants. It was wrapped in tin foil and it looked like Jewish Rye bread that was bought at their local Publix. It had one small bite of crust off but it was full. The butter also looked dry. They also barely toasted it, because after the Slippin' Falls drop it was completely soggy. By the time I dropped into the Laughin' Place it had blown off the boat and into the water.

Last edited:

Sonconato

My family and I were coming off the ferry to MK and a man's plastic Publix bag fell open on the bridge. Everything came out, but all I could help him get back was one avocado.

GVentola

I've had problems like this in it's a small world. Grosses me out. I have a litter phobia. I always watch where I'm walking so I don't step on litter or garbage. It's probably bad for my posture, but I've been like this since I was a little kid and saw someone out at Disney with toilet paper on their shoe.

NelleBelle

Does Splash Mountain get lines big enough to warrant a FastPass+? Once time I went to the Magic Kingdom during the RunDisney weekends and it only had a 5 minute wait. This was the time I found the orange peel.
It always seems to have long lines when it's warm :rolleyes:

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
I've had problems like this in it's a small world. Grosses me out. I have a litter phobia. I always watch where I'm walking so I don't step on litter or garbage. It's probably bad for my posture, but I've been like this since I was a little kid and saw someone out at Disney with toilet paper on their shoe.

I'm the same.

Starlight67

Disney used to be great about keeping up this appearance. But disney didnt change. Nope people changed. In walts day suits on airplanes today sweats. A suit to a steak house (or anything above a diner) today shorts. People picked up after themselves today someone else will pick it up im too lazy and entitled. This is the way people have become and the poor cast members dont have enough time to clean well enough between unload reload.

Excellent points, no doubt the guests of yesteryear made it easier for Disney TO keep the parks clean...people just weren't okay with using rides, attractions, and the ground as a trash receptacle.

Not if you hide it in your pants.

Sure, hiding a pack of Starburst, a bag of M&M's, a granola bar--all food items that lend themselves to being hidden in pockets. But TOAST? Idk, I never carried around a slice of buttered toast in my pocket.

If someone spots a half eaten turkey leg at the bottom of a Splash boat be sure to update us here!:rolleyes:

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
I went on Toy Story Mania recently andthere was like a piece of roast chicken on the seat. The Cast Members sent the car to the backstage and I got on the next one.

I don't know a single place in Hollywood Studios you could get chicken like that. Who the hell brings chicken into a theme park?!

Last edited:

Bairstow

I went on Toy Story Mania recently and I swear there was about a quarter of a roast chicken on the seat. The Cast Members sent the car to the backstage and I got on the next one.

I don't know a single place in Hollywood Studios you could get a roast chicken. Who the hell brings chicken into a theme park?!

You didn't eat it?
Always trust found chicken.

wallchicken3.gif

Goofyernmost

True as far as you know it might have been sent from heaven and contained the necessary ingredients for eternal life and great wealth to help pay for eternal life.

crxbrett

It definitely wasn't toast from Crystal Palace or any of the restaurants. It was wrapped in tin foil looked like Jewish Rye bread that was bought at their local Publix. It had one small bite of crust off but it was intact. The butter also looked off. They also obviously barely toasted it, because after the Slippin' Falls drop it was completely soggy. By the time I dropped into the Laughin' Place it had blown off the boat and into the water.

That toast got the ride of a lifetime! :p

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I went on Toy Story Mania recently and I swear there was about a quarter of a roast chicken on the seat. The Cast Members sent the car to the backstage and I got on the next one.

I don't know a single place in Hollywood Studios you could get a roast chicken. Who the hell brings chicken into a theme park?!
Are you sure that wasn't a turkey leg? That's about how big the turkey legs are...
That toast got the ride of a lifetime! :p
Next thing you know, they'll claim it had Walt's image on one side...

righttrack

I'm sure somebody's found my sunglasses at least twice there!

It's such a fast board/de-board that I think that may be some of the problem. Not all, people sometimes are truly jerks, but I'm sure it happens. Disney should maybe run an intern through those boats to quickly pick up anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom