Splash Mountain to Black Panther

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It's just as ridiculous as the Princess and The Frog idea. Black Panther would be better suited for Animal Kingdom. The name for his land (Wakanda) even sounds like it fits.

Camp Wakanda, formerly Dinoland USA. A secret S.H.E.I.L.D. base camp and Wakandian consulate with attractions themed to Black Panther without specifically mentioning Black Panther. Doable. But how to tie it to nature?

Splash... that's another issue entirely. And I thought PatF was a bad choice! Yeesh!

Last edited:

JoeCamel

It's just as ridiculous as the Princess and The Frog idea. Black Panther would be better suited for Animal Kingdom. The name for his land (Wakanda) even sounds like it fits.
Wakanda has as much place in the AK as Avatar does - none. They have a perfectly good movie park, they go there
This could happen at DL and not WDW as his rights are under UO usage..And any character being used in that park can't be used in WDW..
2020-08-27-11.35.11_rev0-600x750.jpg
But didn't you hear? Disney is on the verge of trading/buying the eastern Marvel rights from Universal any day now!

Brer Oswald

Wakanda in Animal Kingdom seems about as problematic as Wakanda in the Splash plot. I guess you have the Africa geographical connection, but that’s a loose one at best, especially when you considered the theme of the park.

It’s these kinds of unconscious connections that make me question things. “Are we doing the right thing here?”

It’s similar to the instant jump to PatF. Why did we jump instantly to PatF? Why not another IP? Why not a new IP that fits the facility, the land, has the same cultural representation and significance, but isn’t tied to a movie with negative reputation? If it wasn’t clear enough, the movie is the reason the ride is getting rethemed.

Maybe I’m looking too far into it. But this whole situation is really shining the light on simple thought processes and unconscious connections.

Goofy Ninja

Camp Wakanda, formerly Dinoland USA. A secret S.H.E.I.L.D. base camp and Wakandian consulate with attractions themed to Black Panther without specifically mentioning Black Panther. Doable. But how to tie it to nature?

Splash... that's another issue entirely. And I thought PatF was a bad choice! Yeesh!

I don't like the computer effects used in the film at all. But it does have Wakandian animals that some of the main characters ride. So these fake looking creatures can definitely provide the animal aspect.

Wakanda has as much place in the AK as Avatar does - none. They have a perfectly good movie park, they go there

But didn't you hear? Disney is on the verge of trading/buying the eastern Marvel rights from Universal any day now!

They made Pandora and Dinoland in Animal Kingdom, so chances are they could make Wakanda.

capsshield

if the powers that be said there must be a wakanda in 1 of the parks I would pick the animal kingdom as my choice. it is in Africa and is hidden from the world, so I could see a trail that led to wakanda in the African section of the park. I could also see Dinorama becoming the savage land.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
if the powers that be said there must be a wakanda in 1 of the parks I would pick the animal kingdom as my choice. it is in Africa and is hidden from the world, so I could see a trail that led to wakanda in the African section of the park. I could also see Dinorama becoming the savage land.

Its still moot, its the contract enforcement power that is between Universal and Marvel that precludes this fantasy.

RSoxNo1

Better than Princess & the frog. Hopefully some WDI employee goes rogue and announces Black Panther Splash overlay to the press!
How is a Black Panther overlay better than a Princess and the Frog overlay?

Don't get me wrong, Black Panther is an amazing property but I can't come up with the mental gymnastics that get close to defending it's placement in the American Frontier. With Princess and the Frog it's a stretch for Florida and a slam dunk in California.

IMO, the best spots in WDW for a Black Panther attraction are Future World or a purpose build area in DHS.

cookiee_munster

I'm all for representation in the parks and through the films etc.

Obviously paying homage to Chadwick for his work would be amazing.

But no. No. thematically it would just be a mess and just feel like it was a shoe in. I'd much rather have something totally new represented where it would perfectly fit (possibly Tomorrowland)

MadTeacup

Really? Nobody wants Wakanda in EPCOT? Wakanda with its futuristic city and high-tech, progress-forward devices is actually one of the few Marvel properties that actually makes sense in the Future World side of the park to me. I still wish they could have build a Stark Expo pavilion. If they're going to shove the IP's in there anyway, it might as well be ones that work.

erasure fan1

IMO, the best spots in WDW for a Black Panther attraction are Future World or a purpose build area in DHS.
I'd argue Animal kingdom would be the best fit for Wakanda. You could have a Rhino exhibit, Africa is part of the park already, so you could fit it in fairly easy.

I liked the movie but keep it away from the magic kingdom. I would do AK first and the studios would be my 2nd choice. I can see why epcot and future world gets brought up. I just don't like the idea of 2 big Marvel areas in epcot. At that point, just buy out the rights from Uni, and convert future world into the world of Marvel.

RSoxNo1

I'd argue Animal kingdom would be the best fit for Wakanda. You could have a Rhino exhibit, Africa is part of the park already, so you could fit it in fairly easy.

I liked the movie but keep it away from the magic kingdom. I would do AK first and the studios would be my 2nd choice. I can see why epcot and future world gets brought up. I just don't like the idea of 2 big Marvel areas in epcot. At that point, just buy out the rights from Uni, and convert future world into the world of Marvel.
It would be a horrible fit in the Animal Kingdom. Location in Africa is irrelevant if there isn't a story treatment that fits. The themes in Wakanda scream EPCOT Center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom