News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

UNCgolf

I think they learned their lesson, since Frozen at HKDL, WDSP and TDS will be in a dedicated land with a ride that presumably will have higher capacity.

I don't think it will have much higher capacity -- Martin said that it's an exact clone with no additional scenes. I'm not sure if it's possible to really increase capacity considering how short the ride is. I guess they could potentially add seating to the boats, but that would be a relatively small boost.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
WDW has been getting mostly clones lately.
I mean... only original seems to be Guardians lately.. and maybe mickey's runaway.
  • Flight of Passage
  • Navi River Journey
  • Slinky Dog Dash
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Now, do you count as a clone the rides originating at WDW and then going to be cloned elsewhere:
  • M&M Runaway Railway
  • Frozen Ever After

How about a ride that was a clone, but now, unique:
  • People Mover

How about a unique ride, but exact same mechanics of a 'clone':
  • Alien Saucers

Also, the other Disney parks have the same issue, have very few unique rides that aren't cloned elsewhere.

sonoma15

• Flight of Passage
  • Navi River Journey
  • Slinky Dog Dash

Now, do you count as a clone the rides originating at WDW and then going to be cloned elsewhere:
  • M&M Runaway Railway
  • Frozen Ever After

• People Mover

• Alien Saucers

Also, the other Disney parks have the same issue, have very few unique rides that aren't cloned elsewhere.
Seven dwarves is also in Shanghai, and one of the frozen attractions in another park may use its layout, but otherwise you are right, I also doubt Cosmic Rewind will be cloned (at least exactly).

MagicHappens1971

Seven dwarves is also in Shanghai, and one of the frozen attractions in another park may use its layout, but otherwise you are right, I also doubt Cosmic Rewind will be cloned (at least exactly).
Isn’t the Shanghai Seven Dwarves different? I mean like still a clone but isn’t it different? I don’t think Cosmic Rewind will be cloned either tho, I don’t know anywhere that would be a good spot for it

Kirby86

So it's actually a lesser version of the one at WDW? That's pretty bad. The cottage scene might be the best part of the whole ride.
I think they just put that in WDW version since they had they had the animatronics from Snow Whites scary adventure and instead of scraping them they put them in a cottage. Reusing animatronics is a Disney tradition! That's how Splash started!

Animaniac93-98

I think they just put that in WDW version since they had they had the animatronics from Snow Whites scary adventure and instead of scraping them they put them in a cottage. Reusing animatronics is a Disney tradition! That's how Splash started!

The Witch, Snow White and Dopey on top of Sneezy were new.

The other Dwarfs and the 1st lift vultures were from Scary Adventures.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
While we're on the subject: I feel like the 7D coaster would have been much better had Imagineering either dropped the swaying cars gimmick (which had an inverse effect on the coaster's banked turns) or just fully-embraced that concept by highlighting the intended sway with an appropritately-designed less-banked or unbanked coaster track. As is, the coaster is in this weird middling stage where nothing is really highlighted. The coaster cars barely sway and as a result the ride feel less zippy and thrilling around turns. Beyond the obvious lack of more dark ride scenes and the need for a longer ride duration, this aspect of the ride has bugged me. It's potential was never realized. The same track with different cars -or- a different track with the same cars would have yielded a more enjoyable more thrilling experience while still being the same family friendly coaster. Oh well.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

• Flight of Passage
  • Navi River Journey
  • Slinky Dog Dash

• M&M Runaway Railway
  • Frozen Ever After

• People Mover

• Alien Saucers

good point!

UNCgolf

Yes, but it is the original version and was designed for DHS. Disneyland’s Pirates is not a clone of Pirates of the Caribbean just because the other parks have one now.

I'm pretty sure it was designed for both simultaneously; the one at Disneyland is just opening later.

That may not make it a clone, but it was never intended to be unique to WDW.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'd gladly welcome more clones to WDW.
Why should California and other parts of the world get rides that the premier Disney park doesn't have?
I'd gladly welcome Indy, Cars Land, Mystic Manor, and Disney Sea in WDW.
first world problems.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom