Splash Mountain re-theme poll

What would actually be the best movie to build the Splash Mountain re-theme around?

• Moana

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Pocahontas

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Inside out

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • The Princess and the Frog

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • Zootopia

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • The Good Dinosaur

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • No change (if you select other, post idea in reply

Votes: 40 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Christhegr8

Original Poster
Thinking about changing the theme of Splash Mountain and I know it’s already been decided to be The Princess and the Frog but this is Just a poll I think would be interesting to know the answer to as I don’t like the idea. I think they could build a whole different ride based on TPATF but I think Splash could be a better ride by using a better movie. Select your top two.

Kate F

Other being no retheme at all

Edit: Seriously, do we really need this? As if people aren’t flustered enough.

Christhegr8

Original Poster
It’s always been my favorite ride, but I can’t really argue with the idea that it could offend people...so I just think if it’s going to change it should be something better. But I do agree with you.

Christhegr8

Original Poster
Other being no retheme at all

Edit: Seriously, do we really need this? As if people aren’t flustered enough.

I just think the park could be better not considering that I will miss this ride as it is now. I mean there is no Wall-E ride, no Brave, no Tangled, no Mulan, etc.

Schema

I think The Princess and the Frog is a great choice. I also think Pocahontus could have worked using some form of Just Around the Riverbend maybe. I'm perfectly fine with The Princess and the Frog though.

Parker in NYC

Clarabelle needs more representation in the parks. That’s my answer to anything, really. Hell, I’d add her to Rise of the Resistance! I assume she and Lieutenant Bek go way back.

;)

jeanericuser001

Rescuers Down Under
The ride would take you through the outback as you try to rescue Cody with the help of the Rescue Aid Society from the poacher McLeach while exploring the outback with Jake. Eventually the finale will lead to chasing the villain into the canyon and eventually crashing over the waterfall right after the villain goes over the falls as well.

Merlin's Magical Adventures
The ride would take you through the forest along with Merlin, Archimedes, and Arthur as Arthur learns about nature while transformed into a variety of different creatures. Eventually you will get caught up in a wizards duel between Merlin and Madam Mim. At the end after going down the falls you will see the big finale ending as Merlin beats Mim and Arthur returns to his castle as the day's lesson comes to an end.

Last edited:

Screamface

Ducktails
You could craft some adventure mission to get a relic. I think the Ducktails movie had them in an underground river.

When I look at the properties on the list, obviously no change is the preferred option, but I don't think any would be best catered to by rebranding Splash Mountain.

NigelChanning

I always thought that it’d be cool if Splash Mountain was themed to The Lion King. I even edited a POV of Splash Mountain with Lion King music over it. The mountain would be themed to Pride Rock. Here’s a scene by scene description of the ride.
-Outdoor portions would feature “The Circle of Life”
-First indoor scene is “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”
-The Laughing Place scene is “Be Prepared”
-The lift hill features Mufasa’s death. I even timed it so when Scar says “Long Live the King” you drop.
-Everything else is Hakuna Matata with a breif scene at the end showing “Remember who you are” followed by Simba’s roar

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom