Splash Mountain in DL, or MK?

mitchk

Original Poster
I have never been to Disneyland and was wondering, is DL's Splash Mountain different from the one we have in Magic Kingdom? If so, which one is better? I believe SM at MK was built first, but that's about it. Anyone what to help me out :wave:

rainfully

Disneyland's was first, and it is different in many ways. Different AA's, and there's even a part with a little bit of an extra song... and the logs are shaped differently (you sit all in one row instead of two to a seat)

Lee

Adventurer
In my opinion Splash is better at MK. (That's actually the only ride I prefer at MK to it's counterpart at DL.)
At MK the logs are more comfortable, the show is better paced, and the mountain is a more impressive sight.

However, having said that, I do like the one at DL. It's in a great spot along the much superior Rivers of America, and looks very nice from TSI.

TTATraveler

I can say that I got COMPLETELY SOAKED on DL's Splash Mountain, which I have never gotten at MK. I was in the front of the log, which btw is smaller and makes you feel more confined.

MK's Splash is better, DL seems to have less animatronics since they were recycled from America Sings. I do like the "Sooner or Later" song at DL though.

If you ride the front at DL be prepared for a possible drenching. Luckily I was able to protect my camera.

imagineersrock

Lee said:
In my opinion Splash is better at MK. (That's actually the only ride I prefer at MK to it's counterpart at DL.)
At MK the logs are more comfortable, the show is better paced, and the mountain is a more impressive sight.

While I like each for their own reasons, overall I think Lee summed it up pretty well. One thing I definitely did enjoy more at DL was the fact that everything seemed to be working properly and everything (throughout the park as well) looked very well maintained.

Our version would win hands-down if it wasn't for all the malfunctuning/not-functioning animatronics and effects.

BwanaBob

I, too, side with Lee.

MK/WDW's is better than DL's. However, I appreciate both. You notice many differences between the two parks and the same attractions that both have. It's actually neat to notice all the differences. It's what makes that particular attraction unique.

imagineersrock

SilentWindODoom said:
What about the Haunted Mansion? You think Disneyland's mansion is better?

I do, even though it isn't as noticeably different from ours at WDW in the same way some other attractions are(POTC, Jungle Cruise, etc.)

makscopes

I have been on both as well. I like MK's more but DL has 2 things that I REALLY like. First, the small "roller coaster" part of the ride goes very smoothly from the water to the coaster - while at MK, it a bit more choppy.

Secondly, DL big drop into the briar patch lands you directly in the "Zip te de do dah" room with the boat and singing chickens. I think that the exhilleration of the drop followed by the singing boat adds to the excitement. MK's attraction drops you, then takes you around a big bend, then puts you in the "Zip te de do dah" room.

Chape19714

Ok...Here's my really odd point of view on it:

Take the Lenth of MK's
More Comfortable Logs of MK
Impressive Mountain of MK
AA's of DL (Sorry, more impressed by how many more there were)
and the feeling that DL's is so seperated from the rest of the park.

Then you would have a PERFECT Splash!

I also liked how there is not a dock where the boats end up after the big drop at DL, it actually looks like they plunge into the briar patch. And the 50th logo hidden in the DL mountain is cool!

disnyfan89

For me DL's Splash mountain has only one thing I like better and that is the logs! I like how it feels more up close and personal in them. They also gets you more wet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom