Splash Mountain Condition?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
How's Splash holding up? I'm kind of worried they'll let it rot ala Carousel of Progress until they pull it for the retheme.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
49m945.jpg

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
So let's see.. no people mover, no splash mountain, b-mode dinosaurs, the Spanish parrot falls over.. There's ZERO excuses for any of this, especially after a 4 month closure. And let's not even bring up the many upon many other broken effects on other rides that existed pre-virus. How much money are we paying for a full day again? Shame on Disney.

Expect more of this folks. I don't quite understand the complacency park-goers have to the lackluster care Disney shows.

JohnD

This photo was posted by the DisneyFoodBlog earlier today.View attachment 487037

Let's just hope it doesn't get the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea treatment. One day it shuts down. It never re-opens...until it's themed as Princess and the Frog. However, I would rather they announce an official closure date (farther out) of the current Splash Mountain so that fans have the chance to ride it in its current incarnation.

ppete1975

Let's just hope it doesn't get the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea treatment. One day it shuts down. It never re-opens...until it's themed as Princess and the Frog. However, I would rather they announce an official closure date (farther out) of the current Splash Mountain so that fans have the chance to ride it in its current incarnation.
i would hope in todays age if they closed 20,000 they would make a big deal about it. Sell i rode the final voyage tshirts magic bands and pins. I mean they really could make a ton on merch on the last year or month of an attraction, let alone people coming to ride it one last time. But it seems disney doesnt want the backlash and sad people knowing an end date to rides.
And with Splash im not sure how much new merch they are willing to make. The next few months will be telling if they restock the merch, then they arent worried about backlash. If there is no restock, then that will tell you they want splash to disappear.
I dont think we will see a new ride for a long time though, so it would be a huge shame if they close it and let it rot for years, cause we need more things to do not less.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
When you pay Disney prices and things are shut down, broken and in disrepair the guest has every right to complain

Thank you! You're absolutely correct.

For the record, I really don't enjoy complaining about this kind of stuff. It just seems to be the only way to raise awareness since a number of people continue to think Disney can never do wrong.

KBLovedDisney

So let's see.. no people mover, no splash mountain, b-mode dinosaurs, the Spanish parrot falls over.. There's ZERO excuses for any of this, especially after a 4 month closure. And let's not even bring up the many upon many other broken effects on other rides that existed pre-virus. How much money are we paying for a full day again? Shame on Disney.

Expect more of this folks. I don't quite understand the complacency park-goers have to the lackluster care Disney shows.
Apparently enough to paint the castle pink at least

NelleBelle

Thank you! You're absolutely correct.

For the record, I really don't enjoy complaining about this kind of stuff. It just seems to be the only way to raise awareness since a number of people continue to think Disney can never do wrong.
Unfortunately, our last visit to WDW in 2018 was the "last straw" for DH. He hated the disrepair the parks were in, the increased $$, rides down just to name the big stuff. We don't tend to see that as much when we go to DLR. It's just a "different" park and no, you can't really compare the two parks. DLR is still $$, and some rides do go down, but the parks just don't seem to be in such disrepair, the lines aren't as long, and heck, if he agrees to go to A DISNEY PARK, I'm not complaining! And I've at least convinced him to stay in our airstream at Ft. Wilderness. But totally agree with your sentiments!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom